This document is meant to alert you to important things you must either setup or be aware of when creating a master schedule. If you have any questions or concerns about creating a master schedule, please contact Illuminate and we will gladly assist you.
Draft vs Live Schedule - draft schedules are practice or preparation schedules. Drafts do not impact real student schedules until one is 'published' from the Draft Schedule main page. You can create multiple drafts. Once a draft schedule is published, it becomes the Live or the real schedule at that school site.
Master Scheduler - this is the tool that creates sections/classes. Typically this is done from Course Tally and The Board.
Mass Student Scheduler - this is the tool that places students in sections/classes based upon their course requests. This is done from the Mass Student Scheduling page. Assuming your schedule has been set correctly, it will take several minutes for the Mass Student Scheduler to complete.
Important Notes and Cautions
1. Session and Terms - you will need to build the sessions and terms for the coming school year for each school and the district.
2. Calendars - you will need to recreate calendars for each school site. Calendars do not copy over.
3. Timeblocks and Occurrences - you will need to recreate timeblocks and occurrences at each school site. These do not rollover.
4. Houses - if your students are in Houses, houses do not rollover from year to year. You will either have to manually place each student in a house again or contact Illuminate to mass move them.
5. Linked Sections - the master scheduler does not process linked sections. Once you've run the master scheduler, to create your linked sections, you will need to manually link each appropriate section via Linked Sections.
6. Course Requests - you must enter course requests in the appropriate year. If the requests are for the coming school year, you must login to the coming school year from the Control Panel.
7. Remember the Year! - you must login to the appropriate year when working with a schedule. If you are setting up next year's schedule, you must login to next year from the Control Panel.
8. Running the Mass Student Scheduler - once you run the Mass Student Scheduler to place students in classes, do not attempt to run it again until it has completed. This will cause issues.
There are 3 primary ways to create sections or classes:
1. Copy over an old schedule. This works only if you do not change Timeblocks.
2. Run the Master Scheduler via Course Tally and The Board.
3. Manually create the sections via Edit Draft Schedule Sections.