This lesson will guide you through setting up a list of Student-Timeblock Exclusions. This allows administrators to create a list of students to be excluded from specific timeblocks. For example, Johnny, Billy and Tina should not be scheduled during period (timeblock) 5. Once setup, when the scheduler is run, it will automatically exclude these students from period 5.
Where to Start
1. Click on Scheduling.
2. Under Draft Student Schedule, select Student-Timeblock Exclusions.
Once you've selected your draft schedule, you will be taken to the Student-Timeblock Exclusions list.
3. To add a new exclusion, click New Student-Timeblock Exclusion.
4. Use the filters to find the students you wish to create timeblock exclusions for.
5. Click Find Students.
6. Select students by clicking the checkbox to the right of their name. Or Select All by pressing the checkbox at the top of the column.
7. Exclude Students From- Click the dropdown menu to select which timeblock(s) you want to exclude these students from.
8. Click Exclude Timeblock.
You will receive the success message, "Student-Timeblock Exclusions successfully created." The scheduler will automatically exclude these students from the period9s) you selected.
From here you may delete these exclusions by clicking the 'X' button in the right column.