This lesson is intended as a guide for creating a Benchmark in the goals/objectives portion of a student's IEP.
Benchmarking allows users to automatically generate Short Term Objectives based on baseline data, target data, and number of reporting periods.
Once a Benchmark has been created and the IEP has been published you may print Progress Reports in the same fashion as typical Goals/Objectives.
One enhanced feature of benchmarking is that Progress Reports created using the benchmarking option automatically generate a target line based on the baseline and target values entered in the system.
For more information on Progress Reporting see the "Complete an Eligible IEP Manual."
If you are still having difficulty creating a Benchmark please contact the Illuminate Help Desk by calling 951-739-0186 or e-mailing us at email@example.com.
Where to Start
After opening a student's record (see the "Find a Student" lesson in the "Students" manual for help):
1. Click the Special Ed tab near the top of your screen.
2. Under Process, click IEP Details.
From the IEP Wizard Quick Resume Menu, select IEP Wizard Goal Details.
For more information on how to navigate the IEP Wizard, see the "Navigating the IEP Wizard" chapter in the Complete an Eligible IEP manual.
Search Academic Standards
1. Select Role responsible.
2. Enter your Modified Goal Description.
3. Enter the Performance Criteria
4. Enter the Length of Time
5. Enter key words into the text box to narrow the search results.
6. Use the Drop Down Menus to select the Standards Bank (First Drop Down), Subject Area (Second Drop Down), and Grade Level (Third Drop Down).
7. Click Search.
8. Click the Radio Button next to the standard you wish to select.
9. Click the Save Standard Button.
Note: To search for all standards in a desired goal bank, simply select the desired Standards Bank, put a space in the search field (as a placeholder), and click the Search button. To search for all available standards simply place a space in the search field (as a placeholder) and click Search.
For more information on goal banks or help finding specific areas of goals (i.e., Speech Goals, Fine Motor, etc.) please refer to the "Frequently Asked Questions Manual."
Add Short Term Objectives
Click the "Add Short-Term Objective" link to create Short-Term Objectives.
1. Select the Evaluation Procedure from the menu.
2. From the Drop Down select the schedule for Assessment of Progress.
3. Input the Baseline Value for the skill being assessed.
4. Enter the Performance Value Target Value (what level the student is to achieve to or end up at) for the skill being assessed.
5. Enter the Target Value Criteria (add measurability here).
6. In the Number of Reporting Periods indicate the Number of times that you wish to report on the Benchmark Goal.
7. Click Save.
Note: The Baseline Value, Target Value, and Number of Objectives will automatically generate your Short-Term Objectives based on the data input in these three fields. These values will also automatically generate a target trajectory on subsequent Progress Reports.
For more information on Progress Reports please refer to the "Complete an Eligible IEP Manual."
You have now successfully created a Benchmark.
You are now ready to complete the IEP and/or generate Progress Reports (only available for Published IEPs).
For more information on completing the remainder of the IEP and/or generating Progress Reports please refer to the "Complete an Eligible IEP Manual."