This lesson is intended as a guide for the Medicaid Admin User who needs to generate a Medicaid file to submit for Medicaid Billing through Champs You will need the appropriate permissions.
If you have additional questions please contact us at email@example.com.
1. Choose the appropriate Site/s from the dropdown.
2. Choose the appropriate Month from the dropdown.
3. Add the appropriate Year.
4. Click Next.
Note: You cannot select a future month as the system looks at current enrollment as of the first day of the month. Therefore, any student that has enrollment as of the first of the month will be included in the file.
The file has been generated and when you click on the report button, the file opens up into .txt format in NotePad.
1. Click File, (Options will appear) click Save As
2. A saving dialogue box will appear.
3. Find where you want to save it on your hard drive
4. Name the file appropriately (i.e. district name and date of extraction).
5. Click Save.
You are now ready to upload your file to https://healthplanbenefits.mihealth.org/login.aspx?ReturnUrl=%2f.
1. Please login and complete the process in MI Health Plan Benefits.
When the process is completed at MI Health Plan Benefits (https://healthplanbenefits.mihealth.org/login.aspx?ReturnUrl=%2f), you will have a file to Import into Illuminate. To begin this process, please refer to the Lesson on Import Medicaid Eligibility File Into Illuminate.