Where to Start
To add, edit or delete goal(s) click on Special Ed-> IEP Details-> Click "Select Action" Dropdown-> Click "Wizard Quick Resume"
From the IEP Wizard Quick Resume Menu, select IEP Wizard Goal Details.
After clicking on the IEP Wizard Goal Details link on the previous page, the IEP Goal Details page will open. Notice that all areas from the Demonstrated Needs section for which you indicated that the Demonstrated Need must be addressed by Goals/Objectives will appear on the Goal Details page and require that a minimum of one goal and two short term objectives be created for each Goal or Demonstrated Need.
1. Click the Add Goal link to add a goal and objectives to the respective Goal or Demonstrated Need.
2. Click the Already Addressed link to indicate that the Demonstrated Need has already been addressed and Goals/Objectives are not needed for the Demonstrated Need area.
Note: If you click the Add Goal link you will automatically be taken to the IEP Goal page. If you click the Already Addressed link you will automatically be taken to a page requiring a Satisfaction Description as to why the Demonstrated Need does not need to be addressed by Goals/Objectives. See the following steps for more information on adding goals or entering a Satisfaction Description.
For more information on adding a Benchmark see the "Add Benchmark" lesson in this manual.
Add a Goal
Click the Add Goal link to add a goal and objectives.
1. Indicate the Sort Order Number. This field allows users to ensure that goals appear in a specific order on the PDF form.
2. Select the Role(s) Responsible for this goal. Multiple roles can be selected.
3. From the drop-down select how the goals will be addressed (independently, sequentially, or simultaneously).
4. Provide the Skill/Behavior/Condition (e.g., Kailey will read 100 wpm on a grade level DIBELS ORF benchmark). Note: For more information select the Blue Question Mark Icon.
5. Input the Accuracy/Criteria (i.e., with 100% accuracy, 5 out of 6 trials, etc.). Note: For more information select the Blue Question Mark Icon.
6. Indicate the Timeframe/Date this goal will be achieved (i.e., by the end of this IEP, by June 2014, by the end of the first trimester). NOTE: You do not need to add a period at the end of this as the system will add it on the PDF for you.
Search for Standards
1. Use the Either the Standard Collection Option (if you have any created or shared with you) the Search Area (by entering keywords, etc.) OR the Drop Down Menus to select the Standards Bank (First Drop Down), Subject Area (Second Drop Down), and Grade Level (Third Drop Down).
2. Click Search.
3. Click the Radio Button next to the standard you wish to select.
4. Click the Save Standard Button.
Note: To search for all standards in a desired goal bank, simply select the desired Standards Bank, put a space in the search field (as a placeholder), and click theSearchbutton. To search for all available standards simply place a space in the search field (as a placeholder) and click Search.
Note: Subject Areas are dependent on the Standard Bank that was selected. Also, you must have a Keyword if you are not planning on using all three filters (Select Bank, Select Subject Area, and Select Grade Level).
Hint: If you are having trouble finding a standard, try deleting the Keyword and placing a blank space in the Keyword box (delete the word and hit the space key on your keyboard). From there you should select the Bank and Area you are looking for as well as the Grade Level. Click Search and this will bring up a list of all of the standards available from the specified bank, subject area, and grade level.
1. Preview the IEP PDF Goal section to verify your goal.
2. Select Save Goal.
Edit, View, and/or Delete Goals
1. Click the Edit Goal link to edit a goal.
2. Click the View Goal link to view the goal in a read-only format.
3. Click the Delete Goal link to remove a goal.
Once you have added a goal area on the IEP Wizard Goal Details page, you are ready to proceed to Add Short-Term Objectives.
Click the Add Short-Term Objective link to continue to add a MINIMUM of two short-term objectives for EACH Goal or Demonstrated Need area on the IEP Wizard Goal Details page. For more information on how to add short-term objectives see the, "Add, Edit, and/or Delete Short Term Objectives" lesson in this manual.