Where to Start
To create an Invitation click on Special Ed-> IEP Details-> Click "Select Action" Dropdown-> Click "Wizard Quick Resume"
From the IEP Wizard Quick Resume Menu, select IEP Wizard Supplemental Aids/Services Need List.
Complete the Supplemental Aids/Services Need List
Notice: ONLY Parental Input/Concerns and/or Demonstrated Needs where a need for Supplemental Aids/Services has previously been indicated (from the Strengths and Needs Page) will appear on the Supplemental Aids/Services Need List.
If you are having trouble locating a need for which the IEP Team feels the student requires supplemental aids/services, you might want to add that need in the Strengths and Needs section of the IEP. For more information on how to add strengths and needs see the, "Input Student Strengths, Needs, and Parent Concerns" chapter in this manual.
Note: ONLY Supplemental Aids/Services listed on the IEP Wizard Supplemental Aids/Services Need List page will be available as accommodations for State Assessments and/or District-wide Assessments. If you are trying to add accommodations to State or District-wide Assessments and cannot locate the accommodation you wish to make available, remember that accommodations are directly tied to Demonstrated Needs and/or Parental Input/Concerns which, in turn, are directly tied to the Student Strengths. Therefore, you must first create a Strength statement (for more information see the "Input Student Strength, Needs, and Parent Concerns" chapter in this manual), indicate that the Demonstrated Need or Parental Input/Concern needs to be addressed with a Supplemental Aid/Service, and finally add the desired Supplemental Aid/Service to the selected Demonstrated Need or Parental Input/Concern page so the accommodation (i.e. supplemental aid/service) can then be applied to the State and/or District-wide Assessment(s).
Add a Supplemental Aid/Service
1. Click each respective Add link to add a supplemental aid/service to the concern or need area.
2. Click the Already Addressed link.
Note: Clicking the Add link will automatically open a new window requesting additional information. Clicking the Already Addressed link will automatically open the Multi Justification page requiring a statement as to how the Demonstrated Need was already addressed in the IEP.
IF "Add" is Selected
IF "ADD" IS SELECTED
Note; Click the Plus Icon next to the desired area
1. Click the Radio Button on the Supplemental Aid/Service that will be made available to the student.
2. Add the frequency that the Supplemental Aid/Service will be made available (e.g. daily, per day, weekly, etc.)/DURATION(S)( e.g. 1-2 hours)/CONDITION(S) (e.g. for all tests/quizzes, during reading instruction, during unstructured tasks, etc.)/
3. From the drop down menu select the location in which the Supplemental Aid/Service will be utilized or provided (i.e. General Education Classroom, Special Education Classroom, Home, Throughout the school building, etc.).
4. Click Yes or No to indicate whether the aid/service will begin on the Initiation Date of the IEP and continue for one calendar year.
NOTE: If the aid/service WILL NOT begin on the initiation date and continue for one calendar year, using the Date Picker select the Initiation Date and the Duration Date (i.e. start and end dates of the service).
5. Click Save.
Once ALL Supplemental Aids/Services have been added/addressed, click the Next button.
Once you have successfully saved ALL Supplemental Aids/Services or submitted Satisfaction Descriptions indicating that supplemental aids/services are not required, you are ready to complete the Program/Service Details section of the IEP.
For more information on how to add, edit, or delete programs or services (i.e. Direct or Indirect) see the, "Program/Service Details" chapter in this manual.