This lesson offers a step-by-step guide to completing a Permission to Place for students coming to your district from out of state.
If you are still having difficulty creating a Permission to Place please contact the Illuminate Help Desk by calling 951-739-0186 or e-mailing us at email@example.com.
Where to Start
1. After opening a student's record (see the "Find a Student" lesson in the "Students" manual for help), click Special Ed.
2. Under Process, click Permission to Place.
Initiate Permission to Place
Initiate a Permission to Place by clicking the "Add New Process" button.
Out of State Permission to Place
Select "Out of state" from thedropdown menu.
Complete Required Information
1. Indicate the Effective Date and Thirty Day Target Date.
2. Select the Student Primary Disability from the Drop Down Menu.
3. Input Important Dates.
4. From the subsequent Drop Down Menus indicate specialized Transportation Information.
5. Click Save.
Add Programs and/or Services
Click the "Add Program" or "Add Service" links to add the desired programs and/or services.
For more information on adding programs and services see the Programs/Service Details chapter of the Complete an Eligible IEP Manual.
Once you have ensured all of the information is correct you may:
1. Click here to print a Draft Permission to Place.
2. Click here to Publish the Permission to Place.
Click the Publish button to publish the Permission to Place.
You have now successfully completed a Permission to Place for a student from out of state.
You can now view, print, and/or (depending on your permissions) perform other functions related to your Permission to Place from the Permission to Place link in the Special Education Module.