This lesson offers a step-by-step guide to completing a Permission to Place for students coming to your district from out of state.
Where to Start
1. After opening a student's record (see the "Find a Student" lesson in the "Students" manual for help), click Special Ed.
2. Under Process, click Permission to Place.
Initiate a Permission to Place by clicking the "Add New Process" button.
1. Select YES or NO in response to, Was this process done in consultation with the parent?
If Yes was selected input the date of the Parent Consultation.
If NO was selected input at least TWO dates/person/method of contacts within the Rationale Area.
Select "Out of state" from the drop-down menu.
1. Indicate the Effective Date and Thirty Day Target Date.
2. Select the Student Primary Disability from the Drop Down Menu.
3. Input Important Dates.
4. From the subsequent Drop Down Menus indicate specialized Transportation Information.
5. Click Save.
Click the "Add Program" or "Add Service" links to add the desired programs and/or services.
For more information on adding programs and services see the Programs/Service Details chapter of the Complete an Eligible IEP Manual.
- Use the checkbox to identify if the IEP was implemented from the previous district.
- Use the checkbox to identify if programs/services will be implemented until an IEP is conducted.
- Enter Options and other factors considered into the textbox, if applicable.
- Use the radio buttons to determine where the IEP team will provide programs and services.
- Enter the name and phone number of the person who will provide Additional sources to assist parents in understanding their rights.
- Enter the Method of notification to inform parents of the content of the Permission to Place and By Whom it was sent.
- Use the radio buttons to determine if Dissenting Report(s) are attached.
- Use the calendar to select the Notice Date.
- Select Save.
The Procedural Safeguard that was previously entered on this page is now configured and controlled in Code Management. Once the code is enabled, it will display for all Permission to Place forms. The removes the requirement for users to manually enter the Procedural Safeguard message for each individual P2P form. Take a look at Code Management to learn more.
Once you have ensured all of the information is correct you may:
1. Click here to print a Draft Permission to Place.
2. Click here to Publish the Permission to Place.
Click the Publish button to publish the Permission to Place.