In this lesson, you will learn how to use and enable Filters for the Gradebook. Filters limit the assignments you are viewing by date range, categories, or tags.
Where to Start
- Click Gradebook tab.
- Select My Gradebooks.
- Click on the title of your Gradebook.
- Select Filter at the top of the page. Select any filters you wish to use from Categories, Tags, Students, or Assignments.
- Set Enabled to Yes.
- Select criteria to filter for (Categories, Tags, Students, Grading Periods, etc).
- Click Update.
Set Enabled to No and click Update to disable the filter.
Once in a Gradebook:
- Select Filter.
- Click Enable Filter to enable any set filters.
- Click Disable Filter to disable filters.
- Click Edit Filter to update filtering.
- Enable Filters gives you the option to turn Filters on and off.
- Select Categories to filter for.
- Select Tags to filter for.
Filter Assignments by:
- Grading Period
- Date Range
- Student Filter can broader or narrow the students that appear (see students no longer rostered to you).
- Select which Grading Periods to view students within.
- Also Save This Tocan save the Grade Scale to all of, or select, GradeBooks.
- Click Save when done.
Filters limit the assignments you are viewing by date range and/or Categories. A good example of utilizing filters is to filter out assignments once a new term has started. This way assignments from the previous term do not show and overall grades are calculated by assignments in the current term only.
Now that you've learned about setting Gradebook Filters, learn how to Manage Student Alias and Numbers.