This lesson will cover frequently asked questions, a step-by-step guide as well as troubleshooting tips and administrative information around how to utilize Collaboration and Sharing in Gradebook. Sharing is a great way for Interventionists, Resource Teachers, Co-Teachers, to view, enter scores, or even add assignments to the Gradebook.
If wanting to create a Gradebook Template with settings and preferences already applied, please see the lesson Duplicate Gradebooks (Templates).
Where to Start
- Click the Gradebook tab.
- Select My Gradebooks.
- Click on the title of your Gradebook.
- Select the Share tab.
1. Start by selecting the users to share the gradebook with. Use the drop down to select an option to Share With:
- Site & Role All teachers at my school site
- Site & Grade Level Anyone affiliated with 4th grade students at Earl E. Lerner Elementary School, typically teachers or users with rostered students in 4th grade
- Site & Department All users/roles in the Math Department at Ames High School, typically teachers or users with rostered students to a course/class in the Math Department
- Site & Course Anyone who teaches English 6 at Ames High School, typically teachers or users with rostered students to the site and course
- User An individual or selected group of users such as Anita Book, Al Jibra, & Kurt Lecture, regardless of site, role, course or department. Traditionally, you may share with any user(s) whom you share students with.
2. Then, select the checkbox(es) for the permissions you want the users to have:
- Can Edit Assignments is the default selection and allows user(s) to change assignment name, total points, due date, etc., any assignment details
- Can Edit Scores allows user(s) to edit scores within the gradebook.
- Can Edit Settings allows user(s) to modify the settings in the Setup sub tab of the gradebook which can change how calculations, grading scales, custom marks, and other preferences are displayed in the gradebook.
- Can See Students allows the shared user's GradeBook to look identical to the GradeBook the owner has (if the option for Can See Students is enabled), meaning it show the same dynamic list of students (in Spreadsheet View and Student List View). In other words, it reflect any and all scheduling changes that are made in the section/roster associated with the owners' GradeBook roster. Only the GradeBook owner can modify/remove sections and students. This new feature works on Points-Based GradeBooks and Standards Based GradeBooks.
If you'd like to enable View Only access to your Gradebook, un-check all of the sharing options described above. This option is useful if you're sharing the Gradebook as a template for other teachers to duplicate.
3. Click Share to save sharing preferences and share the gradebook with others.
Review and Manage Sharing
Once shared, a green confirmation bar will appear at the top of the page.
- In the Current Permissions section, the check boxes indicate which are given.
- At any time, select View Users to display what users have that permission.
- Use the check boxes in the Remove column to select which current permissions should be completely removed.
- Select Save Changes when done.