This lesson will guide you through applying performance bands to numeric data columns in a custom report. This will allow for performance band color-coding and/or performance labels within the data or as a new column of data in a custom report.
Where to Start
This lesson assumes you are working on a custom report. See the guide Create a Custom Report for more information.
1. Click Reports, then View Reports.
2. Click on the title of the custom report to open it.
Select Performance Bands
3. Click Manage Columns.
4. For numeric columns, you will see an additional drop-down menu for Performance Bands. Select the performance band to apply to the results within this report. This will only affect the display of the report does not modify the original data.
5. If desired, you can apply the performance band to a new column, to show color, and/or to show the label.
6. Click Save Changes or Save Changes and View Report to apply your changes.
Review Your Report
- If you selected Show Color? you will notice when viewing your report that the performance band colors will now be visible in the columns you set them on.
- If you selected Show Label? the label of the band that a student's score represents will show (Advanced, Proficient, etc.).
- If you select New Column? this information should have populated a new column on the report.
You can change these settings at any time via the Manage Columns tab.
For more information on creating Custom Reports, see the manual Custom Reports.