This lesson will give you an overall overview of the Assessment Overview page in Illuminate. The information on this page is dependent on how the assessment is setup.
First Time Accessing an Assessment
When you first visit an assessment, the Assessment Overview page appears to be blank. Without student responses, the overview page prompts the user as to the most appropriate next steps to Prepare and Administer the assessment.
Please note you are able to navigate away to the assessment's modules such as Setup, Administraiton, Reports, and Advanced. Keep in mind, the modules may not work as expected without student response data.
After Administering an Assessment
Once the assessment has been administered, student response data will populate and provide various reports and data information based on the assessment's design.
- Overview is the main page when entering an assessment and when selected, navigates back to this page at any time.
- Setup is where all assessment creation and editing tools are available, such as: Information, Questions, Standards, Standards Alignment, Question Groups, Question Group Alignment, Materials and Sharing.
- To administer or prepare students to take the assessment, select Administration. You can also do the following: Find/Print Answer Documents, Scan, Manually enter scores, or Import student responses from a file. Itembank assessments may have some of the above features locked and unable to be edited or changed.
- A list of available prebuilt Reports appear here once the assessment has been administered.
- Advanced features may vary depending on if you are the author or have permission to edit, which may or may not include features such as: Duplicate, Create Assessment Views, Re-Score, Remove All Student Responses and Restore All Student Responses.
2. Filter Students allows you to customize what students you want to see data for on the Overview page. This is a temporary filter and can be changed based on your visiblity or which students you have access to.
3. Assessment Information includes information about the assessment's design such as:
- Description (If entered)
- Created By (Author)
- Grade Levels
- Number of Questions, which can be selected to see the questions list
- Standards, which can be selected to see Already Linked Standards
- Question Groups, which when available can be selected to edit Question Groups
- Tags, when if assigned to help find the assessment more quickly, show highlighted in Green if applied to this assessment
4. Overall Performance Graph when hovered over will display any band to see a breakdown of performance within that band. Select the band and generate a student list.
5. Assessment Summary displays basic summary information such as: Average % Correct, Number of students, % Not Mastered, and % Mastered.
6. Overall Question/Group Performance will provide a breakdown of performance for questions/question groups. Hover over the bars for a breakdown in each Performance Band. The blue bar underneath the Performance Bands indicates overall level of Mastery.
7. Standard Performance will provide a breakdown of overall performance that includes Mastered/Not Mastered on each standard linked to this assessment.
8. Lowest Performing Questions displays a list of all questions that students struggled with most from lowest scoring question to highest.
9. Subgroup Achievement Gaps communicates a list of all subgroups compared vs. their percentage correct on the assessment.
The Graphed Difference calculation is based on how well the subcategory of students did against the other subcategories. For example, it takes the averages of all the African American students and subtracts that against the other subcategories of students (Asian, White, Hispanic, Native American). So it takes the total average of all the students in the different subgroups and then subtracts that from the average of all the students that you are focusing on.
Important to Know
Make finding the assessment easier by marking the assessment as a favorite! Find the medal icons on the top-right of the Overview Page. This will enable the assessment to show up on your Dashboard's Favorite widget for quick and easy access.
Some of these overview graphs will not show if there is no data to populate them or if components are not part of the assessment's design.
Now that you are familiar with the Overview page, start Creating an assessment!