This lesson will guide you through creating and editing an Assessment View. This feature allows you to view results from multiple assessments simultaneously. For example, you could see the distribution of how students are scoring (on average) within proficiency bands across the entire district for a particular subject.
Note: You do not enter scores into an Assessment View. Scores are entered into assessments, and the Assessment View displays these all together.
Summary Assessments and Skills Assessments cannot be added to Assessment Views at this time.
Where to Start
1. Click the Assessments tab.
2. Under General, click Create a New Assessment View.
1. Create a New Assessment View
Assessment View Information
1. Enter a Title for your Assessment View.
2. Adding a Description is optional but can be helpful if you (or those with which you share the Assessment View) later need help determining the criteria by which assessments are included in the Assessment View, the Assessment View's purpose, etc.
3. Click Choose Assessments to add assessments.
3. Click Search to list all assessments. You may click Advanced (4) to help narrow your search.
5. Checkmark the assessments you want to include in the Assessment View.
6. Click Add Assessments.
Tip: Typically districts select assessments that are of the same type to put in the Assessment View. For example, select the common assessment ELA for grades 3-8.
7. Once you are done adding your assessments, you can re-order them by clicking and dragging the assessments.
8. Click Save to save your changes.
9. When you have successfully saved the Assessment View, you will receive a confirmation message (as shown above).
2. Edit an Existing Assessment View
To edit an Assessment View, open your Assessment View from the Assessment List. Click Information (1). On this page you can make the following changes:
- Edit the title of the Assessment View (2)
- Add a description to the Assessment View (3)
- Add more assessments to the Assessment View (4)
- Remove assessments from the Assessment View (5)
- Change the order of the assessments in the Assessment View (6)
You may repeat these steps to create additional Assessment Views, and the same assessments can be added to more than one Assessment View. Visit our document Use an Assessment View to learn more about how you can use this feature further.