Illuminate DnA's Assessment View feature allows you to view results from multiple assessments simultaneously. For example, you could see the distribution of how students are scoring (on average) within proficiency bands across the entire district for a particular subject. For more information on an Assessment View's nature, see the Assessment Overview lesson. Note: You do not enter scores in an Assessment View; rather, scores are entered for assessments, and the Assessment View displays these all together.
Summary Assessments and Skills Assessments cannot be added to Assessment Views at this time.
Where to Start
1. Click the Assessments tab.
2. Under General, click Create a New Assessment View.
Assessment View Information
1. Provide a Title for your Assessment View.
2. Adding a Description is optional but can be helpful if you (or those with which you share the Assessment View) later need help determining the criteria by which assessments are included in the Assessment View, the Assessment View's purpose, etc.
3. Click Choose Assessments to add assessments.
1. Click Search to list all assessments. You may click Advanced to help narrow your search.
2. Checkmark those assessments you want included in the Assessment View.
3. Click Add Assessments.
Tip: Typically districts select assessments that are of the same type to put in the Assessment View. For example, select the common assessment ELA for grades 3-8.
A list (1) of assessments will display. Click Save (2). You may add additional assessments at any time by reopening the Assessment View and clicking the Choose Assessments button (3). To delete assessments from this View, click on the trash can icon (4).
When you have successfully saved the Assessment View, you will receive a confirmation message (as shown above).
Edit an Assessment View
To edit an Assessment View, open your Assessment View from the Assessment List. Click Information (1). On this page you can make the following changes:
- Edit the title of the Assessment View (2)
- Add a description to the Assessment View (3)
- Add more assessments to the Assessment View (4)
- Remove assessments from the Assessment View (5)
- Change the order of the assessments in the Assessment View (6)
You may repeat these steps to create additional Assessment Views, and the same assessment may be added to more than one Assessment View. Visit our document Use an Assessment View to learn more about how you can use this feature further.