This lesson applies to clients who use Illuminate Data and Assessment (DnA) Management. Districts may label assessments with whatever "scopes" they find most helpful (e.g., Classroom, District Benchmark, etc.). Labeling assessments with particular scopes will help you find them via filters when viewing assessments on your ever-growing assessment list.
Thus your district's Site Admin may edit (add, remove, or change) the scopes your site initially receives; this lesson will show you how to do so. This should be done before assessments are added to the system. Also note that you should keep your list of scopes to a minimum so users don't have to scroll to see all of them when using filters (i.e., finding assessments should remain a fast process).
View Existing Scopes
1. Use the drop-down menu and scroll-bar to select DnA Scopes or Dna Subject Areas.
2. Click Load.
You will now see all scopes that may currently be used to label assessments. Note some things you can choose to do:
1. Click the pencil and paper icon in front of any scope to edit it (more details below).
2. Click the red trash can icon in front of any scope to delete it (more details below).
3. Wherever you see arrow up (^) and down (v) images, it means you can click a column heading to sort rows by that heading. If you click the column header a second time, it will re-sort the rows in the reverse order. The header icon will turn to an up (˄) or down (˅) arrow to indicate the sort order.
4. Click a download icon to download your scope list as a Microsoft Excel workbook (xls), Adobe Reader (pdf), text (txt) document, or data (xml) file.
1. Click the pencil and paper icon in front of the scope you wish to edit.
1. Click the red trash can icon in front of the scope you wish to delete.
1. Click Add Code if you wish to add a new scope to your list.
After adding any scope, you will see a confirmation (as shown above) that the scope's code successfully saved, which means you have successfully completed this lesson. Return to the steps above as frequently as possible upon your initial site use (i.e., before others in your district use the system and before anyone adds assessments intended for use) until the scope labels meet your liking.