This lesson guides administrators through making changes to users' information, such as site affiliations, password, name, department affiliations, role, etc.
Where to Start
- Click the Administration Gear.
- Under Users, click User Management.
- Use the Filters to search for a particular user as needed. The filter will apply as they are selected.
- Select the 3 dots under Actions for the specified user.
- Select Edit User to edit the user's information, site & role affiliations, departments, or credentials.
- Select Become User to temporarily impersonate the user's account.
- Select Change Password to update the user's password.
- From User Management, select Actions > Change Password next to the user.
- Enter a new password (at least 6 characters long) for the user.
- Select Save changes.
Note the tabs leading you to any information you wish to edit. Click the tab that relates to the change(s) you wish to make, make the changes. Click Save when you are finished.
- Click Site & Role Affiliation.
- Find the name of the affiliations you wish to delete and select the corresponding checkbox. Note the that all preexisting affiliations are listed.
- Select Delete Roles. Note: This also deletes the user role. Be sure to reassign this if necessary.
- Enter a Role (or start to type a role name) and a dropdown menu will appear with choices.
- Select Sites the user role will be applied to.
- Choose the Academic Year(s) to apply the role to.
- Select the Terms to apply the role to (or chose Select All Terms).
- Chose Save Changes. Once clicked the role will populate in the list seen in the previous step.
- Select the Departments tab.
- Select the department(s) from the dropdown menu.
- Click Save. You will receive a success message and the department chosen will stick in the dropdown menu.
- Select the Credentials tab.
- To make edits or delete any existing credentials, select the pencil (edit) or trash can (delete).
- To add a new credential, click Add New Credential.
To learn more about users, visit User Management.