This lesson guides administrators through making changes to users' information, such as site affiliations, password, name, department affiliations, role, etc.
Where to Start
- Select the Administration Gear.
- Under Users, select User Management.
- Use the Filters to search for a particular user as needed. The filter will apply as they are selected.
- Select the 3 dots under Actions for the specified user.
- Select Edit User to edit the user's information, site & role affiliations, departments, or credentials.
- Select Become User to temporarily impersonate the user's account.
- Select Change Password to update the user's password.
- From User Management, select Actions > Change Password next to the user.
- Enter a new password (at least 6 characters long) for the user.
- Select Save changes.
Edit User Details
Note the tabs leading you to any information you wish to edit. Select the tab that relates to the change(s) that need to be made. Make the changes and select Save when finished.
Edit Site Affiliations
- Select Site & Role Affiliation.
- Find the name of the affiliatio to delete and select the corresponding checkbox. Note the that all preexisting affiliations are listed.
- Select Delete Roles. Note: This also deletes the user role. Be sure to reassign this if necessary.
- Enter a Role (or start to type a role name) and a dropdown menu will appear with choices.
- Select Sites the user role will be applied to.
- Choose the Academic Year(s) to apply the role to.
- Select the Terms to apply the role to (or chose Select All Terms).
- Chose Save Changes. Once selected, the role will populate in the list seen in the previous step.
- Select the Departments tab.
- Select the department(s) from the dropdown menu.
- Select Save. A success message will appear and the department chosen will stick in the dropdown menu.
- Select the Credentials tab.
- To make edits or delete any existing credentials, select the pencil (edit) or trash can (delete).
- To add a new credential, select Add New Credential.
To learn more about users, visit User Management.