This lesson will guide you through setting an expiration date and/or the requirements for a site's password. For optimal password security it is recommended that passwords are reset in regular intervals. This can be easily accomplished using the Password Expiration Update feature.
Where to Start
1. Click on the Administration Gear.
2. Under Users, select Password Expiration Update.
1. Select the site(s) where you want to update the expiration date.
2. AND/OR select the role you want to update the expiration date for.
3. Select the new expiration date.
4. Click Save.
Once save is clicked, you will receive the confirmation, "Passwords for the users under the selected sites and roles are now set to expire on date entered."
Following the steps outlined in 'Where to Start' above, once at the Password Expiration Update page, click Requirement Management at the top of the page.
Here you can set the number of characters required, number of letters/numbers/uppercased letters, non-alphanumeric characters, days before expiration and numbered of failed attempts before a CAPTCHA shows up. Once finished, click Save Configuration.