This lesson will guide you through manually creating / editing school sites in DnA. After the initial sites.txt import, site data is managed entirely via the Site Management page.
Verify the site being created does not already exist.
Where to Start
- Click on the Administration Gear.
- Under School, click Site Management.
Add a Site
- If you are sure the site does not already exist, select Add Site.
- To Edit an existing site select the paper/pencil icon. To Delete a site, select the red X.
- Enter a Site ID (for DnA, this should match the ID from your SIS)
- Enter the Site Name.
Parent Site for a school should be the district in most cases.
- If you make another school the parent site to a new school you are making, you will encounter issues using the student scope selector in DnA pages and reports that searches for student data.
- Select the Start And End Grade Levels for the school site. This determines grade levels available when generating reports and student searches.
- Select Save when done adding any available information.
Additional information to enter includes the site's address, if it should be exclude from reporting, and CRDR fields. The fields listed above are the primary fields used in DnA.
A confirmation appears at the top of Site Management to verify the site has been created.
All active sites need Terms to have students enrolled and rostered to them. To learn more, visit Create/Edit/Delete Terms using the Term Manager.