This lesson will guide you through manually creating / editing school sites in Illuminate. After the initial sites.txt import, site data is managed entirely through the UI via the Site Management page.
Where to Start
1. Click on the Administration Gear.
2. Under School, click Site Management.
Be Sure Site Doesn't Exist (If adding a site)
Be sure the site you are hoping to add does not already exist. When viewing the list of current sites, be sure you check all pages:
1. Click Next, Last, or a page number to move through your list.
2. If you want to change the number of sites listed on your screen at once (e.g., if your district has a lot of sites), use the Show drop-down menu to select a different number.
Add a Site
If you are sure the site does not already exist, click Add Site.
Notice all the site attributes you may include. Add as many as you like, making sure to include a Site Name. The site should have the same site ID/name as your SIS system.
1. Parent Site for a school should be the district in most cases. If you make another school the parent site to a new school you are making, you will encounter issues using the student scope selector in Illuminate pages and reports that searches for student data.
2. If you need to select more than one option within the same scrolling menu (such as more than one transcript grade level) simply hold down the Ctrl key on your PC keyboard (or Command key on your Mac keyboard) to click multiple selections, or hold down the Shift key on your PC or Mac keyboard to select all options listed between (and including) the 2 options you click.
3. When finished entering information, click Save.
You should now see a confirmation (as shown above) that the site successfully saved, which means you have successfully completed this lesson. You might want to complete these steps to add another site.
Find and Select Site (if editing or deleting)
Find the site you wish to edit in the list (1). If you have trouble locating it, use the filters at the top (2), and see the "Find a Site" lesson for more details.
Edit a Site
1. Click the edit icon next to the site you wish to edit.
Note the vast list of site attributes you may opt to edit.
Calendar Type is a deprecated field and is not supported at this time.
Make any changes you would like, such as changing the name of associating the site with different grades. When finished making changes, click Save.
You should now see a confirmation (as shown above) that the site successfully saved, which means you have successfully completed this lesson. You might want to complete these steps to change the name or characteristics of another site.