This lesson will guide Admin users through the use of the Term Manager Tool. The Term Manager Tool allows you to change term dates on the fly.
Required Permission: View Daily Attendance Calendar
Where to Start
- Click on the Administration Gear.
- Under Calendar, select Term Manager.
- Select the site you would like to create terms for via the checkbox at left.
- Click Create Terms.
- Input the Term Name, Number, Type (Full Year, Semester, Quarter, etc.), Start and End Dates.
- Click Save.
Your terms have been created and will now show in the initial terms list.
Yearlong is highly recommended for the Term Type. Use Grading Periods to distinguish the end of trimesters for grading purposes. If the students' schedules do not change during the change in grading period it would be best to utilize the Yearlong term.
Edit or Delete Terms
- Select the term you would like to edit via the checkbox to the left.
- Click Edit Terms. Terms can also be removed by selecting Delete Terms.
Multiple sites' terms can be edited at once if they are the same Term Type.
3. Once you've clicked Edit Terms, make the change you need to the term(s) and click the Save button.
- The next screen needs to be read and all check boxes selected.
- Select the Understood button can be selected.
- Answer, "Are you really sure about this?" by clicking OK.
To learn more about getting sites setup, visit Site Management.