This lesson will guide you through the process of mass uploading student profile images within Illuminate.
FAQ (Read First!):
Q: How do I prepare the student picture files?
A: First, you will need to compress the photos into a zip file. The images themselves should be named with the student's Local Student ID number (for example, 1234.jpg). Most picture companies give the images to schools in the correct format, so all you need to do is create the zip file.
Q: What format do these need to be in?
A: For best results, use the jpeg file format with an aspect ratio of 1 width to 1.25 height.
Q: What do I do if the upload is timing out?
A: This tool will allow you to import a zip file for up to 60 MB. If the file is bigger than this, we recommend breaking the file up into multiple zip files.
Required Permission: Import Student Photos
Where to Start
1. Click the Students tab.
2. Under General, click Import Student Photos.
Uploading your Zip File
3. Click Choose File to select your zip file for upload. Illuminate accepts .tiff, .jpg, and .png files. We generally recommend .jpg since it is the smallest file possible.
4. Once you've selected your file, click Upload.
5. You will receive the above message, "Photos are being imported. Click here to monitor import status." Click on here to be taken to the Scheduled Jobs page to view progress.
Once on the Scheduled Jobs page, you will see your import job, the status (In Progress, Finished or Failed), start/end times and an import log.
- If your job says 'Finished' then your student images will have been imported and mapped to their coordinating Student ID.
- If your job says 'Failed', click the Log link at the far right to see the reason why the job failed.
Interested in customizing other areas of the Student Demographics page? Access the Students help manual to explore further.