This lesson will guide you through uploading your state data files into Illuminate. It is important to use the raw data the state provides. You can upload any year of state data directly to Illuminate on your own. This is found on the disc mailed from the state or the file downloaded from the state website.
Required Permission: Manage Core Data Import Transformations
Where to Start
1. Click on the Administration Gear.
2. Under Data, click State/Known Data Imports.
3. From the drop-down menu, select the dataset you would like to import data for.
4. Click Choose File and select the file from your computer.
5. Click Import.
Note: For state assessments, use the file provided on the CD sent from the state or the file that you downloaded from the state website. Files that have been exported or modified from another program/system may not import into Illuminate successfully.
Review Your Import
6. Check the status of your import. The Finished status will display if your import went through successfully.
7. Download the Log File for your import.
8. Open the table_counts.html file to review Records Added, Records Rejected, and Table Totals.