Illuminate can extract data needed for external service vendors that your district partners with.
Or if your vendor is cutting edge they can integrate with our API. See https://www.illuminateed.com/partners.html for details on how to get them started.
In order for us to get you your data for your external service/vendor, we require the following ...
1. Which vendor/service do you need data?
2. Is this an existing connector or are they asking for a new connector with this vendor?
- If existing, are they asking us to update to the new school year?
- If existing, are there any other modifications to the extract that they would like to request?
3. What is the exact spec for each vendor/service? We prefer a spec directly from the service/vendor.
4. What is the required file format? Tab, csv, txt, xml, etc. Please be specific for each spec.
5. When is the extract needed by?
6. In either case (new or existing), is there a specific time(s) of day at which they want this extract run?
Send an email with the required information (one spreadsheet with a tab per vendor works well) to email@example.com and title it 'Your District Name, Vendor Connectors - Extracts'. If possible please provide all specs in one email. All specs should be emailed at least 3 weeks before the first data extract is required.
We will supply the data each night to an SFTP server. You must know how to access the SFTP server on your own.
It is your responsibility to ...
1. Access the SFTP server
2. Verify that the extract is in the correct expected format.
3. Supply the data to your vendor/service. Illuminate does not provide the data to your vendor/service. We supply the data to the SFTP server.
4. Develop a process to automate pulling the data off the SFTP server. As an example, most districts/schools pull their data on a nightly or weekly basis.
5. Or, we can send the files to a non-Illuminate location as long as the external location is an SFTP site. If your 3rd party vendor and or district, have their own SFTP locations set up, we can send the data there as long as you give us the remote SFTP login credentials (host, username, password, and port).
Upon occasion you may require data to be imported from a third party vendor as well.
The process is similar however since you will instead be supplying data files from you vendor to be imported your request would need to go to a different team for handling. A sample of each vendor import file should be created as individual ticket requests titled "Your District Name, Vendor Connector Import, Import from XX Company. Please include Attention Data Team in the body of the email.
This is a SAMPLE of the vendors that we currently or have worked with in the past. Please note that even though we have worked with them we still ask that you send in the specs needed for your extract.
One Call Now