This lesson will guide you through the modification of your calendar (weekends, holidays, staff development, weekday settings, etc.) after you have set up terms for your district/site.
If you have not already set up your site terms for the year, and you try to modify your calendar, you will receive this message. You must have already set up Terms and Day Types (ex. In-Session, Staff Development, Holiday, etc. for more information on Day Types, please see the help document 'Create/Edit/Delete Day Types' ). Also keep in mind, if you identify any master scheduling needs that require variations on the calendar, like rotating schedules, those should be reflected on the calendar.
Where to Start
1. Click on the Administration Gear.
2. Under Calendar, select Calendar.
Select your site and year, then click search to access the calendar for that year.
Creating/Editing your Calendar
Once a site and year is selected, you will be taken to the calendar. Notice each date has a check box, this is how you edit what types of days these are.
1. Check the date(s) you wish to edit.
2. Use the drop down menu to assign the date a type- Holiday/Non School Day, Normal, Weekend, etc.
3/4. Toggle Weekends/Weekdays- This function selects ALL weekends or weekdays for the year for mass editing.
5. Press Save.
6. You have the ability to save a calendar to other school sites via the 'Copy Calendar To:' menu at the top of the page. NOTE: If you already have calendars set up at other sites and chose 'Copy Calendar To:' it will overwrite those calendars if the source and target have the same term dates.
Select all the school sites you want the Calendar to copy to, edit your calendar, and then press Save.
Once Save is pressed, you will receive the notification, "Calendar Updated."