This lesson will guide you through the setup/use of Custom Forms within Illuminate. This allows an administrator to customize a form, and publish it for use/data collection in the Parent Portal. These are typically used for Online Registration and/or Student Demographics.
Where to Start
1. Click on the Admin Gear.
2. Under Custom Forms, select Manage Custom Forms.
Create a Custom Form
You will be taken to the Manage Custom Forms page.
1. To create a Custom Form, select Create Custom Form.
2. Give your form a Name.
3. Description (Optional) - Write a description of the form.
4. Click Save.
Once on the form creation page:
5. To find/select fields to add to your form, select the Field Class from the dropdown menu.
- Predefined means fields that Illuminate has already created, and are most common to populate your form (i.e. First Name, Last Name, etc.)
- Textblock allows you to create your own demographic block from scratch (i.e. maybe you want Student's Favorite Movie).
6. Select the group of information you would like to chose from (i.e. Student Basic Info, Student Pre-Registration, etc.)
7. Scroll through the fields and to select the fields you want, simply click the checkbox next to the field name.
8. Once you have the fields you want, select Add. Once added, you also have the option to Remove All. Once Add is selected, your fields will populate to the right.
9. You can require field be filled out (this means they will show with an asterisk to parents), you can also lock them (which means they will stay in the current position). You can also re-order fields by holding your mouse button on the arrows and moving your mouse. Drop the field where you would like it to be placed.
10. You can add multiple pages to the form by selecting the + sign.
11. Once finished, be sure to click Save Changes. Once Save is clicked, the form is saved to the Custom Forms list.
Managing Your Forms
1. Click on the title of the form to edit the name, type and description.
2. To add/edit/delete fields, select Manage Fields.
3. To preview what the form will look like to parents, click the eyeball button.
4. You can duplicate and edit/add to forms by clicking the paper button.
5. To delete the form, select the X button.
Next you will want to Manage Custom Form Recipients. See the help document 'Manage Custom Form Recipients.'