This help guide will take you through the steps on how to successfully create(if not already existing) Grade Marks for usage in Report Cards and/or Transcripts.
Where To Start
1. Click Grades.
2. Click Grade List.
1. Click on the Grade Mark you wish to edit.
Modify Grade Order
1. Select which grade type you are looking to re-order (Citizenship,Work Habits, Grade).
2. Assign the desired order for each grade mark in the field.
Click on Edit Grade to edit the grade details.
1. Enter the grade mark (ie. A). (Illuminate supports up to 3 characters, i.e. INC for incomplete.)
2. Enter a grade description (ie. Advanced).
3. Do you wish to enable "+" for the given Grade Mark (ie. A+)? Choosing Yes will enable and No will disable.
4. If you've enabled #3, does the + mark carry any weight? You may enter the amount to add and Illuminate will add the GPA Points in step 9 to this amount. For example, an A is worth 3.75 GPA points as specified in step 9. If an A+ is to be 4.0, you will enter .25 into this box. Illuminate will add the 3.75 to .25 to give you the 4.0 GPA points.
5. Do you wish to enable "-" for the given Grade Mark (ie. A-)? Choosing Yes will enable, No will disable.
6. If you've enabled #3, does the - mark carry any weight? You may enter the amount to subtract and Illuminate will subtract this amount from the GPA Points in step 9. For example, an A is worth 3.75 GPA points as specified in step 9. If an A- is to be 3.25, you will enter .50 into this box. Illuminate will subtract the .50 from 3.75 to give you the 3.25 GPA points.
7. Do you wish to exclude this grade mark from Transcripts, Grad Checks, and Report Cards? Choosing Yes will exclude the grade and No will include the grade.
8. Would you like this grade mark to count/calculate towards the GPA? Choosing Yes will enable and No will disable.
9. What GPA points will you set up for the grade mark listed in step 1 (ie. A)? Keep in mind this value will affect steps 4 and 6 and the sum/difference of those weighted grade's GPA points.
10. Is this grade a failing grade? By choosing Yes, the students who receive this grade mark will automatically receive zero credits for that course/class. Choosing No, this grade mark will be considered a passing grade and the student will get the maximum course credit or the credits received, as determined by the teacher in the case of variable credits.
11. Do you want this grade mark to be automatically chosen as a choice for any new course that is created? If Yes, any new course created will automatically have this grade check marked on the course details page.
12. Is this grade mark a citizenship grade? Choosing Yes will enable and No will disable.
13. Is this grade mark a Work Habits grade? Choosing Yes will enable and No will disable.
14. Click Save if you are done with this page or Save and Return if you would like to save and remain on this Grade Edit screen.