In Illuminate, it is easy to share a resource (assessment, summary assessment, assessment view, demographic, gradebook, custom report, pre-built report, or student group) you have created. This lesson will walk you through the steps on how to share an assessment with other users.
Where to Start
Click the Share tab once you have opened whatever it is you wish to share, in this case we are showing an assessment. However, for many other features, it is its own tab at the top of the page (similar to how you see Setup or Administration here).
What Can They Do With This?
4. Check the box(es) for the permissions you want the users to have.
5. Optional: View the permission explanation to help you decide the permission a user needs. Note: If a user is given the 'Can Edit' permission for a shared assessment, Gradebook, etc. any change they make will apply for EVERYONE that assessment, Gradebook, etc. is shared with.
6. Click Share.
Note: The sharing options will vary based on the resource you are sharing.
1. Once shared, a green confirmation bar will appear at the top of the page.
2. The check boxes indicate which permissions you gave. You can always make changes to the permissions by using the check boxes below each of the permission levels. View Users will display what users have which permission.
3. If you ever need to remove permissions, use the check boxes in the remove column to select which permissions should be completely removed.
4. Be sure anytime you make a change you click Save Changes.
Did you share your assessment with a user group or site but want to exclude or limit a particular staff member? Go ahead and share the assessment with the site or user group (and save the permission). Next, create a new permission where you share by user (1), then enter the user's name (2), and only check the boxes for permissions you want to give that user (3). Click Share (4).
For any other questions please feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call 951-739-0186 Monday-Friday, 8 A.M.-5 P.M. PST.