This lesson will guide you through the process of creating/deleting class announcements that show up in the Student/Parent Portal.
Where to Start
1. Select the Gradebook tab.
2. Click on My Gradebooks, and select a gradebook.
Adding a Portal Announcement
3. At the top, select the Other tab.
4. Then click, Portal Announcements.
You will be taken to the 'All Announcements' Page.
1. This is a list of all the announcements that have been posted and the date they were posted.
2. Add an announcement- You can click Add an Announcement or just type in the box underneath the question, "What is the announcement?"
3. Select the class(es) you want this announcement to show up for by clicking the check box next to the class.
4. Click Add this Announcement. Once this is selected, the announcement will populate above in the 'All Announcements' section, with the newest announcement at the top.
Note: You may also click on the Classes tab at the top, select a class, and just add an announcement for that specific class.
Delete an Announcement
1. To delete an announcement, hover over the announcement you wish to delete under the 'All Announcements' area. You will see a red delete button pop up, click on it.
2. You will be asked if you're sure you want to remove the announcement. If so, click Yes. Once selected, your announcement will disappear from 'All Announcements' as well as the Student/Parent Portal.