This lesson will guide you through the process of creating/deleting class announcements that show up in the Student/Parent Portal.
Where to Start
- Click the Gradebook tab.
- Select My Gradebooks.
- Click on the title of your Gradebook.
- At the top, select the Setup tab.
- Then, click Portal Announcements.
Adding a Portal Announcement
- This is a list of all the announcements that have been posted and the date they were posted.
- Click Add an Announcement or just type in the box underneath the question, "What is the announcement?"
- Select the class(es) this announcement should display for.
- Click Add this Announcement. Once this is selected, the announcement will populate above in the 'All Announcements' section, with the newest announcement at the top.
You may also click on the Classes tab at the top, select a class, and just add an announcement for that specific class.
Delete an Announcement
- Hover your cursor over an announcement and click the red minus (-) icon to delete.
- You will be asked if you're sure you want to remove the announcement. If so, click Yes. Once selected, your announcement will disappear from 'All Announcements' as well as the Student/Parent Portal.
Now that you've learned how to add a Portal announcement from Gradebook, learn how to Duplicate Gradebooks (Templates).