This lesson will guide you through explaining the top Student and Family-focused Assessment reports in an assessment: Student Overview, Student Small Slips, and Student-Parent Letter reports. To review how to generate prebuilt reports, refer to our help manual Prebuilt Reports.
Use this as a guide to facilitate the training in a computer lab. Show the videos before users log in or view one video at a time so users can follow along.
Before You Get Started
- Users should have access to an assessment with student response data.
- Best conducted or completed after an assessment as been administered.
- Previous knowledge or practice on how to generate a prebuilt report is recommended.
Navigation: Assessment > List Assessments > Find and Select an Assessment > Student Overview
- Identifies a single student's overall score, by question group, and by standard proficiency level on an assessment.
- Standard and Question Group performance will display only if part of the assessment design.
- Mastery is determined by the assessment's performance band settings.
Student Small Slips
Navigation: Assessment > List Assessments > Find and Select an Assessment > Student Small Slips
- Provides a small slip on how a student performed on an assessment overall and on each question or item.
- Additional display options available on responses, language, and to include a standard overview.
- Prints 8 small slips to a page.
Navigation: Assessment > List Assessments > Find and Select an Assessment > Student-Parent Letter
- Provide information directed towards a student or parent on a student's score, standard performance, performance level, question group performance and answers on an assessment.
- By Standard, by question group, and mastery performance will display only if part of the assessment's design.
- Additional display options for language, question groups, standards, items or questions, and whether or not to include the answer key.