It is easy to add any user to Illuminate. Users are initially added to the system based on data provided by the District and (generally) generated via the District's Student Information System (SIS). However, a District administrator with access can still create additional users. This lesson will show how to do this.
Where to Start
- Go to the Administration Gear.
- Under Users, select User Management.
- Select New User.
Before creating a new user, search for the user being created to ensure they do not already exist.
- If you scroll through the screen that appears, you will see a multitude of information types that you can provide for the user you are creating. Fields with Red Asterisks are required.
- Also note that the password you enter is case sensitive, meaning that if you use capitalized and/or lowercase letters. It must be 6 characters or more.
- Add Roles and Terms for the user.
- Click Additional Information to add things like birth date, school position, ethnicity, etc.
- Select Save to create the new user.
Set the password expiration to be yesterday. When the user logs in using the default, they will be forced to change it to something secure.
Add Term/Role Affiliations
- Click Site & Role Affiliation. If you selected a Role and Term(s) on the Basic Information screen, these will carry over.
- To add additional roles, select Add Role. Once clicked, you will receive a pop up menu.
- Click Role (or start to type a role name) and a dropdown menu will appear with choices. Do the same for Terms (or chose Select All Terms).
- Chose Save Changes. Once clicked the role will populate in the list seen in the previous step.
Affiliating a user with a "District" will provide access to all students in the district; however, the user must also be affiliated with sites in order to run site-specific reports. Thus it is likely that any District administrator should be affiliated with the District as well as with all sites therein.
Add Department Affiliations
- Select the Departments tab.
- Select the department(s) from the dropdown menu.
- Click Save. You will receive a success message and the department chosen will stick in the dropdown menu.
- Select the Credentials tab.
- To make edits or delete any existing credentials, select the pencil (edit) or trash can (delete).
- To add a new credential, click Add New Credential.
Edit the user’s profile and perform the following:
- Set to Inactive.
- Remove Role Affiliations for current year.
If you are using ISI at your district, you will also need to set the following:
- Allow Rollover - set to NO.
- Exclude from State Reporting - No.
To learn more about Roles, visit Create, Edit, and Delete a Role.