This lesson will guide you through the process of running a GPA Ranking list.
Creating a GPA Ranking is necessary to generate GPA information in transcripts, custom reports, etc.
Where to Start
1. Click on the Counselor tab.
2. Select GPA Ranking.
Run and store GPA rankings by grade level and or GPA calculation for different timeframes and grading periods.
1. Select the Grade Level you wish to run the GPA Ranking for.
2. Select which GPA Calculation you wish to use.
3. There are two Ranking Strategies to choose from:
Dense: Choosing the Dense GPA option will result in a tie ranking. A number in the rank will not be skipped and the next student in the rank will automatically be counted as the next number.
Standard Competition: Choosing the Standard Competition GPA option will result in students receiving the same rank number for a tie in GPA however, the next rank number in the list will be skipped.
For example. Two students tie as rank order number 9. Rank order number 10 will be skipped and the next student will be assigned rank order number 11, so on and so forth.
4. The GPA Time Period will create GPA 'snapshots' for those specific timeframes.
5. Select the students who have an enrollment record for the Session the ranking is being generated for.
The Student Filter Options aren't required to run the GPA ranking. This is used when generating a ranking for a specific group of students.
Include Progress Grades: The "Yes" option needs to be selected for Include Progress Grades if you are running a GPA Ranking for a progress grading period and you want to see all grades posted for students to that progress grading period.
- This will also only work if that grading period has been set up so that the 'No' option is selected for Disable GPA?
- If you are running a ranking for a progress grading period and you keep the Include Progress Grades option set as "No", the only results you will see in the ranking are for students who received a grade for a short course segment section, if those exist at your site.
- Clicking Manual Exclusions will offer more filters to the ranking:
2. After selecting a student scope, click Find Students to generate a list of those student who are within that scope. Mark the students who are to be exluded from this ranking.
3. Click Exclude to omit that student from the ranking. You will return to the student scope selector to select more students. If you don't want to omit any other students, click Exclude & Rank to generate the ranking.
A green message indicating that your GPA Ranking is being processed will flash across the top of the screen.
Next, click on GPA Ranking List.