In this lesson, you will learn how to find and modify Grading Scales for the Gradebook. You will learn how to change percentages, assign specific values to marks and modify color schemes to fit the percentages.
If this is not an option for your Gradebook, your district could have set a school-wide grade scale which cannot be modified by you. Please contact your district administrator for more information.
Where to Start
- Click Gradebook.
- Select My Gradebooks.
- Click on the title of the Gradebook you would like to edit.
- Select Setup.
- Click Grading Scales.
Customize Your Grading Scale
- Enter Marks for your Grade Scale. Pluses (+), minuses (-), and numbers are also accepted values.
- Assign Colors for each value.
- Set a Minimum Percentage for each mark.
- Checkmark a mark and click Save to Delete.
- Also Save This To can save the Grade Scale to all of, or select, GradeBooks.
If you want to add more scales, click Save and then a new row will appear to add an additional scale. Continue this until all scales are added.
For additional resources on Gradebook setup, visit Setup and Preferences for All Gradebooks.