In this lesson, you will learn how to find and add Student Aliases and Numbers. An alias is an alternate name the student may go by.
Where to Start
1. Click Gradebook tab.
2. Select My Gradebook.
3. Click on the title your Gradebook.
Student Aliases & Numbers
1. Select Setup.
2. Click Student Aliases & Numbers.
You will notice that there are several available fields to populate.
1. The Roll Number boxes allow you to assign numbers to students manually by seating or chart or whatever type of system you have setup in your classroom.
2. The Alias boxes allow you to assign a different name to a student that prefers a "nickname" or "other" name besides their given name.
At the bottom of the page, the Auto-Number button allows you to fill down roll numbers for every student in that class automatically.
4. At the top you can save this to multiple gradebooks by selecting them from the dropdown menu.
5. Click Save.
Tip: What to do about new students? When a new students comes into the class, the system does not auto-assign them a number. If you want them to have an alias or roll number, you will have to give them one.