In this lesson, you will learn how to find and add Student Aliases and Numbers. An alias is an alternate name the student may go by.
Where to Start
- Click Gradebook tab.
- Select My Gradebook.
- Click on the title your Gradebook.
- Select Setup.
- Click Student Aliases & Numbers.
Student Aliases & Numbers
You will notice that there are several available fields to populate.
- The Roll Number boxes allow you to assign numbers to students manually.
- Enter a student's preferred name into the space provided under Alias.
- Auto-Number fills down roll numbers for every student in that class automatically.
- Also Save This To can save Aliases to all of, or select, GradeBooks.
- Click Save.
What to do about new students? When a new students comes into the class, the system does not auto-assign them a number. If you want them to have an alias or roll number, you will have to give them one.
Now that you have learned about assigning Aliases, learn how to Create, Manage, and Delete a Custom Gradebook Field .