This lesson will guide you through the process of creating a custom field in a gradebook. This arbitrary column of data pulls information from custom reports.
Where to Start
- Click Gradebooks tab.
- Select My Gradebook.
- Click on the title of your Gradebook.
- Click on the Setup tab.
- Select Custom Fields.
Creating your custom field
- Add a Custom Field Name.
- Select the Custom Report to pull data from.
- Select the Custom Field Value (report column name) to display in the gradebook.
- Select the Position of the custom field in relation with the assignments in the spreadsheet view.
- Use Hide? to determine if the Custom Field should appear in the gradebook.
- Also Save This To can save the Custom Field to all of, or select, GradeBooks.
- Click Save when done.
Custom Fields only appear on the Spreadsheet View of a gradebook.
Managing Custom Fields
- Click the name of a Custom Field to edit.
- Click Add to create a new Custom Field.
- Use the check boxes to manage multiple Custom Fields at once.
- Use the icons to Edit, Hide, or Delete the Custom Field.
Now that you know how to create a Custom Field in Gradebook, learn how to Collaborate and Share Gradebooks.