This lesson will guide you through the process of creating a custom field in a gradebook. This arbitrary column of data pulls information from custom reports. For example, a column can be added to show student's CST Math Performance Level.
Where to Start
1. Click Gradebooks tab.
2. Select My Gradebook.
3. Click on the title of your Gradebook.
Creating your custom field
1. Once in your gradebook, click on the Setup tab.
2. Select Custom Fields.
Adding a Custom Field
You will be taken to the Custom Fields list. To add a Custom Field, select Add.
1. Give your custom field a name.
2. Select the Custom Report in which you want to import information from.
3. Select what data (field value) from that report you would like to show in the custom column in your gradebook.
4. Postion- Select where in the order of assignments you want this column to show up.
5. Hide- Selecting 'Yes', will keep the column in the gradebook, but it will be hidden from view. Selecting 'No' means it is always visible when viewing the gradebook. Note: This column will show up in Spreadsheet View only.
6. Also Save This To- Select any other gradebooks in which you want this Custom Field.
7. Click Save OR Save and Add Another OR Save and Return OR Go Back.
Your Custom Field will appear in your list.
When viewing your gradebook in spreadsheet view, your column of data will show in the order you chose.
Editing/Deleting your custom field
Once in your gradebook, select Setup and then click Custom Fields.
A list of your custom fields will populate. At far right you will have editing options. Click on the Pencil/Paper icon to edit or click the X to delete.
If editing, you will be taken to the 'Edit Custom Field' page. Change column data by using the dropdown menus and click Save. You can also delete from here by clicking the Delete button.