Student Alert Management is where the district system admin can manage all alert code tables and triggers that users will see on screens throughout the Illuminate system, specifically the Student profile. Below are the basic instructions on how to access Student Alert Management.
Where to Start
1. Click on the Admin Gear.
2. In the Other section, click Student Alerts Management.
View and Manage Student Alerts
1. Within the Location dropdown, select Student Ribbon or Class Roster, to see which alerts are currently enabled in those areas.
2. When you are ready to display selected alerts in the Location selected, select Enable.
3. To view available and enabled alerts, select Show Alerts.
4. Available alerts will display and if currently enabled or displayed on the Location areas, the checkbox will be filled. Unselect any alerts to be disabled or not displayed within the system.
5. After any changes have been made, select Save to confirm changes.
Available Student Alerts
Student Alerts are provided by Illuminate and can be enabled or disabled throughout the system. Some alerts are dependent on other setup or input requirements within Code Management.
1. Special Ed Student or SPED is an alert that will display when a student has a primary disability within an active date range assigned to them.
2. English Learner or EL is an alert that will display when a student is assigned an English Proficiency within the Language Details.
3. Restraining Order or RO! is an alert that will display if a student's contact has been assigned with a restraining order in the Student Contacts profile page.
4. Medical Caution or HLTH is an alert that will display when a Health Caution has been assigned to a student within the Health Profile.
5. Transfer Student or XFER is an alert that will display when a student has a transfer record.
6. Comments or Note is an alert that will display if a user has added a note or message about the student within the Student Comment page.
7. 504 Plan or 504 is an alert that will display if a student has been assigned the program of 504 within an activate date range assigned to them.
8. Medicaid Alerts or MEDI is an alert for ISE clients only.
9. Homeless Student or HMLS is an alert that will display if a student has been assigned a Homeless Dwelling Type within a student's demographic details in the Sensitive Information section.
10. 49079: this alert will appear on the Student Demographic ribbon if a student has a documented violation in any subsection of 48900 (excluding "h") or 48915 within the last 3 academic years in CA. For Non-CA Clients, this will appear if a student has received a suspension within the last three years. This alert needs to be set in Code Management with the system key for suspension as suspension out of school. Only incidents with a status of 'Complete' or 'Archived' with actually trigger the flag.
Learn more about the use of Code Management as a System Admin!