As a courtesy, we will consult with you about your options for the On Track, Early Warning System module, which are listed here. Email email@example.com, Attn: On Track Builders, to request a consultative appointment.
Your options could include a BYO (Build Your Own) solution using our Help lessons and webinars, an E-Learning Package with a scheduled webinar support to guide your BYO project plan, attendance in a regional workshop 3-day series, a custom consultation which could include up to 6 on-site professional learning days, or a combination of the options that work best for you.
Prior to your consultation, please review our Help lessons about On Track, watch our archived videos, and complete your project planner for each grade span and configuration focus (ELA, Math, Comprehensive, SEL, etc.) for your early warning system.
An early warning system to identify which students are “On Track” or not “On Track” for college and career, graduation, or some other goal established by the district. OnTrack is made up of Categories, Measures, Configurations and Performance Band Sets:
- Categories: A category is a collection of measures. Examples: attendance, discipline. Categories can be weighted to increase the importance of the area.
- Measures: A measure is a risk indicator. In Illuminate, the measures are created as custom reports. Examples: absent 14 times, absent 59 times. Measures can receive their own weights within a category to increase the importance of a particular measure.
- Configurations: Container that holds Categories and Measures. Example: "3rd Grade English Language Arts Tri 1".
- Performance Band Sets: These will be needed to define the placement of a student. Performance Band Sets must be applied to both the overall configuration as well as each category.
Steps to Get Started
1. Familiarize yourself with the system feature and setup steps in the other Help Documents here.
2. There are a few reports that we offer in regards to OnTrack:
- Student Profile Report Widget: This will show a list of all configurations a student is part of and their score. Category values are coming soon.
- OnTrack Student List: This will allow users to choose a configuration and show a color coded list of the overall configuration score as well as each category score.
- OnTrack Multiple Configuration Report: This gives a user the ability to put multiple configuration scores side by side. This is great for principals looking to load all students and all configurations on one screen, etc.
- OnTrack Student Detail Report: This report gives users the ability to view an individual OnTrack scores for an individual configuration. This is great if you're wanting to print something out and have a meeting with the student/parent, etc.
- OnTrack Dashboard Widget: This is very similar to the OnTrack Student List report, only it's on the Dashboard screen.
- Custom Reports: On Track meta data will also be available so that you can build custom reports with the data.