This lesson reviews how to enter assignment grades and scores using the Student List View. The Student List view is a great way to quickly find a student and a list of their scores and assignments, enter scores for more than just one assignment at a time for one student, has more advanced features.
Where to Start
1. Click the Gradebook tab.
2. Select My Gradebooks.
3. Click on the title your Gradebook.
4. Select the View tab.
5. Click Student List.
Select a Student
You can use your mouse or the UP or DOWN arrow keys to move quickly through scores or use the ENTER key to move down quickly.
The following are basic tips when entering assignments and scores:
- Select on a student's name to load the student assignments and points on the right hand side of the page
- The Assignment title can be selected to edit the assignment details.
- You can turn off or on the assignment to be seen in Student and Parent Portal by simply clicking YES and change it to NO.
- If a Category is applied to the assignment, it will be notated here.
- The assignment Points/Score or Total is listed.
- The overall mark for the assignment is highlighted based on the grading scale.
- Enter points for the assignment as appropriate for the students' work.
- You can also add weight to the assignment using Score.
- When applicable, apply Custom Marks such as M for Missing, or L for Late.
- A checkbox for excused is already is available if the assignment is excused for the student.
- Enter notes for the students/parents about this assignment. These notes can be seen on the Student and Parent portal if the assignment is being displayed.
- The student's average percent earned in each category (e.g., the student above earned 95.8% of points possible for uncategorized assignments vs. 90.8% for homework, etc.).
- The Category Mark Summary graph (6) displays how many assignments the student has had that earned various marks/grades on your grading scale. Additional Information displays when you hover over any bar.
Keep in mind that every score is saved automatically after you enter it. This can be disabled in your Gradebook preferences.
Student List View provides the ability to enter Call Log/Notes. This is where teachers can keep track of calls made home for a specific student. Once you click on Call Log, you will be taken to the Log Entries for that individual student.
To create a new Call Log/Note:
- Select Call Logs/Notes.
- Enter the Call Date if different than the default of present day
- Enter your Notes about the call.
- Set the Access Level to this note. If it is Private, that means only you can see this note. If it is Public anyone you've shared your Gradebook with can see this note.
- Click Save to save entries.
- Select Return to Scoresheet (5) to return to the Student List View.
To delete or edit Call Log/Note:
- Select Call Log once in a student's assignment screen
- Select the Delete checkbox for the entry you wish to delete
- You cannot edit call log notes, only delete and reenter
Please note, this is the only place that Call Log/Notes are available. At this time, any Call Log/Notes are not available in Custom Reporting.
These entries will never show in the Parent Portal to Parents and Students. This data is also not available for Custom Reports or is available as shared data. It is only available within Gradebooks.