This lesson reviews how to enter assignment grades and scores using the Student List View. The Student List view is a great way to quickly find a student and a list of their scores and assignments, enter scores for more than just one assignment at a time for one student, has more advanced features.
Where to Start
- Click the Gradebook tab.
- Select My Gradebooks.
- Click on the title your Gradebook.
- Select the View tab.
- Click Student List.
Select a Student
- Click a Student's Name to load the student assignments on the right.
- List of Assignments for the selected student. Click the assignment name to edit details.
- If a Category is linked to the assignment, it will be listed.
- The possible Points/Score for the assignment will be listed.
- The student's Mark on the assignment will be listed if a score has been entered.
- Enter the number of Points/Score/Percentage the student is receiving on the assignment.
- Use the Checkboxes for any assignments that should be Excused for the student.
- Enter Notes on the assignment. These notes will be available in the Student/Parent portal
- An average percent in each category and a Category Mark Summary will display at the bottom of the screen.
Keep in mind that every score is saved automatically after you enter it. This can be disabled in your Gradebook preferences.
Student List View provides the ability to enter Call Log/Notes. This is where teachers can keep track of calls made home for a specific student. Once you click on Call Log, you will be taken to the Log Entries for that individual student.
To create a new Call Log/Note:
- Select Call Logs/Notes.
- Enter the Call Date if different than the default of present day
- Enter your Notes about the call.
- Set the Access Level to this note. If it is Private, that means only you can see this note. If it is Public anyone you've shared your Gradebook with can see this note.
- Click Save to save entries.
- Select Return to Scoresheet (5) to return to the Student List View.
To delete or edit Call Log/Note:
- Select Call Log once in a student's assignment screen
- Select the Delete checkbox for the entry you wish to delete
- You cannot edit call log notes, only delete and reenter
Please note, this is the only place that Call Log/Notes are available. At this time, any Call Log/Notes are not available in Custom Reporting.
These entries will never show in the Parent Portal to Parents and Students. This data is also not available for Custom Reports or is available as shared data. It is only available within Gradebooks.