The Illuminate Student Health Profile houses a variety of widgets for customization of the data a user wants to see upon login. Below is a short description of each widget, along with the features you can use within that widget.
All widgets that have an Adobe symbol in them allow you to print this single, specific snapshot of information for the student versus printing the whole profile.
Before You Begin
When entering information about a student using the various widgets, the following options are how data can be recorded:
- Radio buttons to select yes or no
- Drop-down menus to select from a list of options based on availability and created within Code Management*
- Date to provided the date of which the criteria was completed
- Text Fields to enter in the exact value of which to search by. For example, submitting 'Yes' as opposed to 'yes' will provide different results. Making sure to keep consistency in naming conventions and keywords across sites and the district will be the most succesful way to streamline efficient searches within the Health Search.
*Code Management is available to those with permission to add, edit, and remove customized options from various drop-down menus in the system. Please refer to your System Administrator for more information.
Where to Start
1. Select Health.
2. Under General, click Student Health Profile.
3. Select the student you wish to see by clicking on their name.
Health Widget Overview
1. Widgets- Each section aka 'Widget' on the Student Health Profile displays different information about a student's health. There are widgets that display the following information: Health Immunization, Health Caution, Health Documents, Health Office Log, Health General, Health Screening Vision, Health Immunization Requirement, Health Immunization Tb, Health Pe Modifications, Medical History, Health Screening Dental, Physical, Health Screening Hearing, Scoliosis Screening, Health Comments and Health Procedures and Medications.
2. You can "roll up/hide" (^) and delete (X) widgets you don't utilize by selecting these gray keys. You can also press and hold your mouse button on this gray bar to move widgets to an order you prefer to see them in. This order will remain until you move widgets around again.
3. You can add widgets by selecting the + Add Widgets button.
4. You can download the Student Health Profile for printing by clicking Download PDF.
5. You can add/edit/view information for any individual health widget by clicking said buttons within that widget.
The Health Caution widget displays a checkmark next to any basic Health Cautions the student has, i.e. Allergies, Seizures, Tourette's Syndrome, etc. To add/edit these cautions, click the Edit button at the top of the widget.
The Health Comments widget displays any comments entered relating to a student's health (i.e. Call 911 if...) by date, comment, category, type, and confidentiality. Use the add, edit, view and delete buttons to perform those functions.
The Health Documents widget allows users to upload copies of medical documents, i.e. doctor's notes. To upload a document, click on Upload and select the document you wish to house here. Once uploaded, users can click on the title of the document to download and view it. Documents can be deleted using the trash can icon.
If you have the correct permission, you can mark a document as 'Confidential' and only users who also have that permission can see the document.
Upload Document Window
You are able to download documents from the Student Health Profile Health Documents widget. Additionally, if the student has a HLTH alert and a health document uploaded and flagged as an Individualized Heath Plan then users will be able to download the document by clicking on the HLTH alert.
The Health General widget indicates more general health information, i.e. Hearing, Vision, Physical Restrictions, Doctor Name, etc. To edit this information, select the edit button at the top of the widget.
The Health Immunization widget displays all immunizations a student has had, and the date each was administered. To edit these, select the edit button at the top of the widget.
Health Immunization Tb
The Health Immunizations Tb widget displays all information regarding a students Tb testing via type, date given/read, MM indur, impression, xray impression and free of communicable disease. To edit, view, delete or add Tb Testing information, select the appropriate button within the widget.
Health Immunization Requirement
The Health Immunization Requirement widget displays basic information about a student's immunization records and what requirements have been met in the past, i.e. CA/Out of State records, all requirements met/7th, Grade 1 physical complete, and will indicate any waivers. You can download a student's record (card), view details, or edit details by selecting the appropriate button within the widget.
Health Office Log
The Health Office Log shows each time a student visited the Health Office by date, arrival, departure, reason, treatment, disposition code and description. To add, edit(pencil icon), view all or delete(trash can icon) entires, click on the appropriate button within the widget.
Health Pe Modifications
The Health Pe Modifications displays any Pe modifications that need to be made for a student by description and expire date. To add, edit, view or delete entries, click on the appropriate button within the widget.
Health Procedures and Medications
The Health Procedures and Medications widget displays any procedures or medications that need to be administered to a student during school hours. These are organized by type, description, condition, frequency, dosage, route, location, date started, date ended, expiration and notes. To add, edit, view or delete entries, click on the appropriate button within the widget.
Health Screening Dental
The Health Screening Dental widget shows all information relating to dental screenings. It displays this information by screening date, visible cavities, repaired, referred, care received, and comments. To add, edit, view or delete entries, click on the appropriate button within the widget.
Health Screening Hearing
The Health Screening Hearing widget displays all information relating to hearing screenings. It displays this information by screening date, status, L/R ear status, referred, care received and unable. To add, edit, view or delete entries, click on the appropriate button within the widget.
Health Screening Vision
The Health Screening Vision widget shows all information relating to vision screenings. It displays this information by screening date, acuity R/L, near pt, passed, referred, care, unable, color, plus sphere, correction, and muscle balance. To add, edit, view or delete entries, click on the appropriate button within the widget.
The Immunization Exemption widget displays any exemptions a student may have by vaccine, reason code, reason, exemption date and temporary end date. To edit, view or delete these, select the appropriate button within the widget.
The Medical History widget displays any historical medical conditions that a student has had, and the date to which these conditions happened/stopped. To edit, view or delete these, select the appropriate button within the widget.
The Physical widget gives all physical related information on a student by date, age, height, weight, body mass index, referred and care received. To add, edit, view or delete entries, click on the appropriate button within the widget.
The Scoliosis Screening widget displays all information related to scoliosis screenings. It shows this information by date, passed, referred, care received and comments. To add, edit, view or delete entries, click on the appropriate button within the widget.
Now that you have learned all about the Health Profile, get started with learning how to utilize the Health Search!