This lesson will guide you in adjusting Calculation and Assignment related preferences in a Points Based Gradebook.
Where to Start
- Click the Gradebook tab.
- Select My Gradebooks.
- Click on the title a Gradebook.
- Click Setup.
- Select Preferences.
Calculate blank as zero? If you select Zero and Missing, if a score field is left blank, it will be considered a 0 for that assignment. Selecting Not Zero and Not Missing will not count a blank score field against a student’s overall grade. Selecting Not Zero and Missing will not count blank scores as Zero, but will consider the assignment missing.
Show Custom Mark- Enables the Enter/Edit Custom Mark field on Student & Assignment entry screens.
Assignment Preferences all are based on how the assignments are displayed in the GradeBook.Below are a few preferences you might be interested in learning more about:
- Show Assignment Mark - Displays the mark received for that assignment.
- Show Assignment Due Date - Displays due date of the assignment.
- Show Assignment Date Assigned - Displays the date the assignment was given.
- Assignment Sort Column - How you sort your columns for display on Spreadsheet view- by Due Date, Assign Date or Name.
- Assignment Sort Direction - Ascending- Oldest assignments first (left), Descending New assignments first (left).
- Assignment Secondary Sort Column - Once first sort is run, how do you want to sort after?
- Assignment Secondary Sort Direction - Ascending- Oldest assignments first (left), Descending New assignments first (left).
- Display Shown in portal? Does this assignment display in the student/parent portal?
- Assignment Creation Button - Show the shortcut button to Create an Assignment?
Also Save This To can save these preferences to all of, or select, GradeBooks.
After setting all your desired options to meet the needs of your GradeBook you have the option of saving this setup to other classes as well. Select the classes you want to save this same setup to and click Save.
For additional resources on Gradebook Preferences, visit Setup and Preferences for All Gradebooks.