This lesson will show you how to create a new assignment (e.g., homework, quiz, test, exam, participation score, etc.) in the Illuminate Standards Based GradeBooks.
Where to Start
- Click GradeBooks tab.
- Select My GradeBook.
- Click on the title a Gradebook.
- Click Create Assignment
You can also create an assignment by clicking the Assignments tab within a gradebook and selecting Add Assignment.
Create an Assignment
The red asterisks (*) next to fields indicate that those fields must all be populated in order to proceed. All other options are optional.
- Give the assignment a Short Name, which will appear on the Spreadsheet view.
- Add a Description for pertinent assignment details (Optional).
- Add Tags to the assignment (Optional). Visit Create, Modify, and Delete Tagsfor more details.
- Assign Date refers to when students were informed about the assignment.
- Add a Due Date if the date is assigned and due on different dates (Optional). An assignment that is not due yet will show up as gray in your gradebook Spreadsheet view.
- Assessment allows users to link the assignment directly to an assessment already given (optional).
- An assignment should be set to Yes for Is Active when it is available for students and should be included on their overall grade. Set to No to hide from students and parents until otherwise updated (Optional).
- Select a Section to link the assignment to.
- Link assignments to Standards. Use the filters to select your standard set and then the select standard dropdown to chose the specific standard for this assignment.
- Also Save This To can save an assignment to all of, or select, GradeBooks (Optional).
- Click Attach File to attach a file (e.g., a pdf or Word doc of the actual assignment, etc.) to your assignment. Students (and parents) will be able to see and download attachments through portal.
- When finished, click Save or Save and Add Another Assignment.
If you link the wrong standard and need to change/delete it, just select the correct standard and it will replace the old one with the new one.
Edit & Delete Assignments
From the Spreadsheet view:
- Hover cursor over the assignment name.
- Click Edit to be taken back to the screen seen under Create an Assignment.
- Click Delete to delete the assignment. Verify you want to delete the assignment and click Yes.
From Manage Assignments:
- Click the assignment name to be taken back to the screen seen under Create an Assignment.
- Use the checkboxes to select multiple assignments.
- Select an action for the selected assignments.
- Click Submit to complete the selected action.