This lesson will guide you through making a copy/duplicate of a Gradebook used in the previous year to the new school year. The Gradebook Duplicator tool allows teachers to take an existing Gradebook with all of its assignments and create the same exact Gradebook with modified dates.
Duplicating Gradebooks is NOT recommended for new grading periods, but for the next school year, when teaching the same subject or course. To update or change your current Gradebook view for the current year, visit the lesson Getting Your GradeBook Ready for the Next Term.
Where to Start
Before starting: Make sure your Control Panel is set to the current academic year.
- Click the Gradebook tab.
- Select Gradebook Duplicator.
- Using the dropdown menu, select the Gradebook to duplicate.
- Give the new Gradebook a name.
- Select the New Assignment Start Date. Example: If you would like the first assignment to start on 09/05/2018, enter the date 09/05/2018.
- Select the class Sections (courses) this Gradebook will be tied to. This will determine the list of students that display in the Gradebook.**
- Optional: Select any Student Groups you want this Gradebook to apply to.
- Click Preview Assignments to see/edit the assignments that will be carried over with the new Gradebook.
Adding students to the Gradebook is required. When the new school year and Student Information Data is available, you will be able to select the Section/Courses and/or Student Groups that are appropriate
Duplicate Previous Assignments
- Use the checkboxes under the Include? column to include / exclude assignments in the new Gradebook.
- Optional fields you can adjust: Short Name, Due Date, Assign Date, Is Extra Credit?, Possible Points, Possible Score.
- The Additional Details column shows assessment and standards link information.
- Save and View Gradebook (takes you to the new Gradebook) OR
- Save and Return (takes you to your Gradebook list).
You will see the green success message at the top of the page. The new Gradebook is immediately ready for use.
Need to update settings in your Gradebook? Visit Setup and Preferences for All Gradebooks for information.