This lesson will show you how to create a new Points-Based Gradebook (e.g., for a particular section/period/class of students and/or subject area) in DnA.
Where to Start
- Click Gradebook
- Select My GradeBooks.
- Select the type of Gradebook you wish to create, in this case Points-Based.
- Click Next.
Setting Up Your Gradebook
You will create multiple gradebooks for each period or subject you report out on in your report card. You will repeat this process for as many gradebooks you need. If you are planning to push the gradebook grades to report cards, it is important that your gradebooks match the subjects in your report card.
- Elementary Most elementary teachers who teach multiple subjects will create one gradebook per subject.
- Secondary Most secondary teachers will create a GradeBook for each class or period (e.g., Period 1 English IV, Period 2 AP English IV, etc.) Depending on your preference you do not need to create a new gradebook each semester (unless you desire to).
- Give the GradeBook a name.
- Manage Students by Class or by Student:
- By Class provides the classes that you are linked to. Selecting these from the dropdown menu will automatically fill your gradebook with students in the selected sections. This is the most common practice for linking students to gradebooks.
- By Student allows you to create a gradebook with a custom group of students. Learn more about this feature by visiting Add Custom Rosters to Gradebooks.
- Save will Save your Gradebook and send you directly into the GradeBook to get started.
- Delete All Students will delete all your current choices and you will start over.
- Cancel will cancel the whole creation of this Gradebook.
Custom Rosters cannot view Gradebook data in the Student/Parent Portal.
Accessing GradeBook Details
At any time, you can edit, revise, or delete a Gradebook.
- Click Gradebook, then select My Gradebooks.
- Click Details to modify or delete your GradeBook. You will enter the Details page of the Gradebook.
- To hide your Gradebook from the Student/Parent Portal, simply click on the Yes under 'Show in Parent Portal.' It will then turn to No.
If you are looking to delete a gradebook if it is shared with other users, you cannot delete it until you un-share it.
After gradebooks are created, learn about Assignments and Scoring!