Student Alerts are icons that display specific information about a student. Student Alerts are setup and triggered to display based on student information that is entered or provided. Only those with permission are able to enter and manage student information to activate such alerts (for ISI and ISE clients) or are being provided within nightly imports from an outside Student Information System (for DNA clients). Contact your System Administrator for any questions in regards to alerts for your students.
Where to Start
1. When on the Dashboard, type a student's name or student ID in the search bar at the top of the screen. Do not press enter, but let the system find that student for you.
2. Under the Student Search section, select the student you are looking for.
Where Do I See Student Alerts?
Student Alerts or icons when triggered can be seen throughout various student profile pages in the Quick Nav menu. Your Quick Nav menu may have various options or views available. Available alerts depend on data provided for students.
Student Profile Page
Within the Quick Nav menu, select Student Profile, if not already seeing the page. Alerts are located on the top righthand side titled Alerts.
Available Student Alerts
Keep in mind, some alerts may not be available depending on information or data being provided. Student Alerts that may be available are:
1. Special Ed Student or SPED is an alert that will display when a student has a primary disability within an active date range assigned to them.
2. English Learner or EL is an alert that will display when a student is assigned an English Proficiency within the Language Details.
3. Restraining Order or RO! is an alert that will display if a student's contact has been assigned with a restraining order in the Student Contacts profile page.
4. Medical Caution or HLTH is an alert that will display when a Health Caution and/or an Individualized Health Plan has been assigned to a student within the Health Profile. Typically an ISI or ISE alert.
5. Transfer Student or XFER is an alert that will display when a student has a transfer record. Typically an ISI alert.
6. Comments or Note is an alert that will display if a user has added a note or message about the student within the Student Comment page.
7. 504 Plan or 504 is an alert that will display if a student has been assigned the program of 504 within an activate date range assigned to them. Typically an ISI or ISE alert.
8. Medicaid Alerts or MEDI is an alert for ISE clients only
9. Homeless Student or HMLS is an alert that will display if a student has been assigned a Homeless Dwelling Type.
10. BHVR this alert will appear on the Student Demographic ribbon if a student has a documented violation in any subsection of 48900 (excluding "h") or 48915 within the last 3 academic years in CA (See Ed Code information here). For Non-CA Clients, this will appear if a student has received a suspension within the last three years.
Learn more about the Student Profile and the widgets available!