This lesson will cover how to use Illuminate's 'Walk-In Scheduler' to assign new students a schedule quickly based on preset course packages.
Where to start
1. Click Scheduling.
2. Under Course Requests, click on Walk-In Packages. When first using the Walk-In Scheduler you must set up packages, you can do so by grade level, program, etc.
Creating 'Walk-In' packages
3. Once at the main page for Walk-In Packages, you will need to select Add Package to start creating/adding packages.
4. Give your package a name.
5. Assign a grade level to coordinate with your package.
6. Click Save.
Assigning packages to students
Once packages have been set up, you can now assign students these packages.
1. Click on the Students tab.
2. Select Walk-In Scheduler.
3. Once you have selected the Walk-In Scheduler, you will first be taken to the student search to find the student you would like to assign a schedule to.
4. Select individual courses and/or "walk-in" course packages to schedule the student in.
As of - This will default to the current date.
Course-Manual entry of a course to add to the student's schedule.
Course Request Package- These are the course packages you set up earlier in the lesson. For example, 'Grade 9 Basic Package'.
5. Click Preview.
6. Once you have selected the package/courses to assign a student you will be taken to the Preview page. This is a screen shot of a student with no schedule on the selected date. Illuminate will show the number of seats available in selected class periods and what periods are open for enrollment. The system will auto assign the student to whichever period has most seats available unless selected otherwise .
Period- Manual selection of a period to assign the student to.