This lesson will guide you through the process of setting up and using the Communicable Disease feature in Illuminate's Health module. This allows tracking of Communicable Diseases by student and District Wide.
Before you start, permissions associated with this feature are:
- "Access to individual student health Communicable Diseases”-This permission allows users to view, add, edit, and delete entries in the communicable diseases widget on the student health profile. This populates the count outlined below.
- “View Health Communicable Diseases District Wide”- This permissions allows users to view the Site Wide Communicable Diseases page, outlined below.
Where to Start- Configure Code Tables and Add CD Widget to Health Profile
Step 1: Navigate to Admin Gear > Code Management.
- Load the "Health Communicable Diseases Disease” code table.
- Click Add Code.
- Enter information for new code.
- Click Save.
- Navigate back to Admin Gear > Code Management. Continue the steps above to enter as many new codes as you need.
Note: For cases in which you would like to add a disease without an action taken, we recommend that you add a code for “N/A” to the Actions Taken code table.
Step 2: Add the Communicable Diseases widget.
- Navigate to the student’s health profile (Health > Student Health Profile).
- If the Communicable Diseases widget is not visible, click on the Add Widgets button.
- From the dropdown, click on Communicable Diseases.
- The Communicable Diseases widget should now be visible.
Using the Student Health Profile Widget
1. Click on the Health tab.
2. Under General, select Student Health Profile. Use the search filters to find the student you wish to enter information for.
Navigate to the Communicable Diseases widget.
3. To Add a Communicable Disease, click Add.
You can also Edit (Pencil icon) and Delete (Trash Can icon) CD's from here as well.
4. Once you've selected Add, you will see a pop up box to add CD information. Input the Date, Disease, Action Taken and any Notes.
5. Click Submit.
Once you've clicked Submit, you will be taken back to the list of CD's for that particular student. Again you can Edit (Pencil icon) and Delete (Trash Can icon) CD's from here.
Using the District Wide CD Counts
1. Click on the Health tab.
2. Under General, select Communicable Diseases.
3. Select the School Year you wish to run the count for from the dropdown menu.
4. Select the Grade Level(s) you wish to have included in the count.
5. Select a Site.
6. Select Filter. The count will generate below the filters by Disease and Count.
7. If you click on the number in the Count column, a Students with Disease listing will display.
To print or save this list, click on the Excel, PDF or Text icons above the list.