Your child's school offers a parent portal ("Illuminate Home Connection") provided by Illuminate Education. This lesson will show you how to register for an account so that you can regularly and easily see how your child is performing in his or her class(es), view upcoming assignments, and more.
Where to Start
1. Obtain a Home Connection URL (web address) and access code from your child's school district. The URL will similar to the one shown above but will be specific to your school district. You cannot proceed without your own school district's URL and your personal access code.
2. Visit the URL (web address) you have been given.
1. To the right of the phrase "First Name," type your first name.
2. To the right of the phrase "Last Name," type your last name.
3. To the right of the word "Email," type your email address.
4. To the right of the word "Phone," type your phone number.
5. To the right of the phrase "Access Code," type the access code given to you by your child's school district.
6. To the right of the word "Password," type a password you would like to use. Make a note of it somewhere private. Note that your password is "case sensitive," meaning that any uppercase or lowercase letters you use now must be typed in exactly the same way later for the password to work.
7. To the right of the phrase "Confirm password," type the exact same password again.
8. Click Submit.
Next you will be automatically routed directly to your child's records in the Home Connection parent portal.