This lesson will show you how to enable Text to Speech for an online test.
will guide you through the process of setting up Text to Speech for an Online Test.
Where to Start
Before users can enable Text to Speech for specific assessments, the following permissions must be applied to their user accounts:
1. Online Testing Administration
2. Online Testing - Allow use of Text to Speech
1. Create your online testing roster.
Open the assessment you wish to enable text to speech for. (Assessments > View Assessments > Select Title)
1. Under Administration, select Online Testing.
2. Set up your Assessment Roster if you haven't already. For step by step instructions on setting up an Online Testing Roster, see the document 'Enable Assessment for Online Testing.'
2. Enable Text to Speech per student.
From your Online Testing - Assessment Administration page (Assessment List > Assessment Title > Administration > Online Testing):
1. Under Student Info/Tools, click on the number of students linked to this roster. This will open a list of all students given access to this assessment.
When text to speech is enabled, students will see the text to speech tool bar at the top of every question and any available passages. Students can play, pause or stop the reader. They can use the dropdown to adjust the speed at which the content is read. There is no limit to how many times students can listen to a question or passage.
Use the Assessment Panel to monitor student progress through the test. Learn more here.