This lesson will guide you through enabling Text to Speech for an online assessment. This feature is currently available for Itembank only, and will read text from passages, questions, and answers.
Required Permissions: Online Testing Administration, Online Testing - Allow use of Text to Speech
Where to Start
1. Click Assessments.
2. Under General, click View Assessments. Once on the list, click on the title of the assessment you would like to enable text to speech for.
1. Create Your Online Testing Roster
1. Under Administration, select Online Testing.
2. Set up your online testing roster if you haven't already. For step-by-step instructions on setting up an online testing roster, see the lesson Enable Assessment for Online Testing.
2. Enable Text to Speech Per Student
1. Under Student Info/Tools, click on the number of students linked to this roster. This will open a list of all students given access to this assessment.
When text to speech is enabled, students will see the text to speech tool bar at the top of every question and any available passages. Students can play, pause or stop the reader. They can use the dropdown to adjust the speed at which the content is read. There is no limit to how many times students can listen to a question or passage.
Interested in learning how to use Illuminate's live proctoring tools to monitor student progress? See the lesson Assessment Panel or Live Proctoring to learn more.