This lesson will direct you through the process of creating a Minor Incident Report in Illuminate. A Minor Incident Report is single student specific and cannot be tied to multiple students.
This is a permission-based feature for users. Please see your System Administrator for access and use of these tools.
Before You Get Started
If you notice your options are not showing items to select or choose, your System Administrators or those with permission must have the following completed:
- Consequence, Interventions, Motivations, and Locations will need to be setup via Code Management prior to using this tool
Where to Start
1. Click Behavior.
2. Select Create Minor Incident Report.
Create a Minor Incident Report
When creating a minor incident, there are required and optional fields. Required fields are the bare minimum needed to record the incident. Optional fields are to support organizational outcomes of recording incidents.
- Select the Incident Date and Time.
- Select the School Site (if you have access to more than one).
- Select the location of the incident.
- Choose a Short Description from the dropdown menu. This is the basic description of what happened. For example, "Cheating/Forgery/Lying."
- Type in a detailed description of the incident, i.e. "Student cheated on his quiz by looking at another student's paper."
- Choose the Student Name(s) from the dropdown menu. If there are multiple students involved, by default it will create a unique incident for each student selected.
- To group all students into one incident, select Create a single incident and group all participants?
Note: If you would like only one incident report linking all students involved for this incident, select the checkbox next to 'Create a single incident report and group all participants?'. However, this means that these cannot be separated later to be modified or escalated for a single student. If this checkbox is NOT selected, the system will create separate reports for each student involved.
I Don't Have Any Options to Choose From?! Location and Short Description need to be set up by your District System Administrator in order to select an option. Contact your district system admin if codes need to be updated.
- Select a primary Motivation to this event or why it may have occurred.
- Add any additional Motivation Notes to help understand the incident.
- Select an Intervention that will be completed for the student(s).
- If an intervention is entered, an Intervention Date is required.
- Add any additional Intervention Notes to document Select any Consequences.
- If it applies, select Consequences to all students tied to this incident.
Review and Report
Before completing the incident, it is asked to review who this incident is being referred by and how to report this incident.
- By default, Referred By will populate with your name.
- If you are reporting on another's behalf, you can select Other Personnel to then select the employee name.
- Select a Report Status.
- When ready to submit, click Create Minor Incident Report.
If the status of Pending Adminstrator Review is selected, this just means that a user with the permission needs to review the incident to Complete it.