You can always hand enter or edit student responses if the"Can Administer" permission has been given to you. Check with the assessment creator if you are unsure as to whether or not you have this permission.
Where to Start
1. Click Assessments.
2. Under General, click View Assessments. Once on the list, click on the title of the test you would like to edit.
1. Enter or Edit Student Responses
To enter or edit student responses:
1. Click on the Administration tab, then click Enter / Edit.
2. Use the search filters to find the students you wish to enter/edit grades for. (Depending on your role, you may need to select a school, teacher, course and section from the drop down menus). You can also chose to view all students or students with/without data.
3. Click Find Students.
You will be directed to the 'by Grid' page. Enter a whole assessments worth of responses for ALL students at one time. Note the Grid utilizes the same set of features- fill down, rubric dropdown, locked header/column, autosave, etc.- as the other input methods. It also adds the ability to show the question, and quickly switch between constructed response questions. You'll see students listed at left, and the question numbers serving as column headers to the right. From here you have a few options to Enter/Edit student responses, but first note some input options:
1. Change students' answers by simply retyping them, or enter answers (e.g., A, B, C, etc.) for any student who requires them. The Tab key on your keyboard can help you move quickly to the next space.
2. Both Edit responses by Question and by Student, offer Fill Down options via a dropdown menu at the top.
3. You may opt to enter a particular date taken. If you leave it blank, it will automatically fill with the current date.
4. Once you enter/edit scores, be sure to click Save to save your entries.
Enter Responses by Student- Enter a whole assessment's worth of responses for one student at a time.
1. Enter responses in the column to the left of the Question box.
2. Answers will display here if the assessment was administered online. Note, you can also leave comments for students in the box below the question.
3. You can navigate between students using the dropdown menu or the arrow keys.
4. Be sure to click Save before moving on to another student or a new page.
Enter Responses by Question- This allows you to enter an entire class rosters answers per question. Also, you can view Constructed Response questions easily via this option.
1. Enter responses in the column to the right of the student's name.
2. Answers will display here if the assessment was administered online. Note, you can also leave marks for Constructed Response questions, just highlight what you'd like to mark and you will see app up box with options like 'run on', 'spelling' etc. You can also enter comments for students in the box below the question.
Note: If you would like to view the Question, click Question Info on the right side of your screen.
3. You can navigate between questions using the dropdown menu or the arrow keys.
4. Be sure to click Save before moving on to a new page.
2. Delete Individual Student Responses
1. Click the Reports tab and select Student Responses.
2. Depending on your role, you may need to make selections for your students.
3. Click Submit.
4. Checkmark the student's name that you wish to delete the responses. If you would like to delete ALL student responses, select the check box at the top fo the delete column.
5. Click Delete Selected Student at the bottom of the page.
Once you have clicked Delete Selected Responses, you will be directed to this final notification.
6. Click both Yes check boxes if you are sure you want to delete the student responses.
7. Select Remove Student Responses.
Once you have chosen to ultimately delete the responses, you will receive the notification, "Student responses were removed."
3. Delete All Student Responses
If needed, all student responses can be deleted at one time. To do this, click the Advanced (1) tab, then Remove All Student Responses (2).
To remove all answers for all students, checkmark (1) both statements and click Remove Student Responses (2).
NOTE: This action cannot be reversed!