This lesson will guide you through the process of creating specified performance bands for an assessment. You will be able to apply these to the assessment as a whole or just portions of an assessment.
Note: New bands can be saved to use for all of the assessments you create, but this is not where you set the district default. To set district defaults, contact your Implementation Manager.
Where to Start
Once in the assessment overview (List Assessments > Click Title):
1. Click on Setup.
2. Select Performance Bands.
*You can also click on Assessments > Create a New Performance Band Set as well.
3. If you are creating new assessment performance bands, click Add new performance band set.
Adding a New Performance Band Set
1. Give your Performance Band Set a Name.
When adding a new set of performance bands, the red band shown will be your lowest band which will remain at 0; you can edit the name and color of this band if you would like.
2. Edit the name the performance band (Label).
3. Edit the color of the band by clicking on the color square.
4. Enter the lowest value you want to assign to the band. The 100+ and 0 on your screen will remain static. Upon adding your value, the band will automatically add to the set in the correct spot with its higher band above/lower band below it based on the number you inputted. When you add your first band, it will add to the top automatically.
5. Click Add Band (Optional). It will automatically add to the top of your list. Add additional bands at the bottom of the page . Follow the same steps outlined in steps 1-4.
6. To delete bands select the trash can icon at the right under Delete.
7. Click Save or Save and Return to Assessment. Note: You can create multiple bands before clicking submit.
Editing a Performance Band Set
1. Click on your Assessments tab
2. Under Performance Band Sets, select List Performance Band Sets.
You will be taken to your list of performance bands sets, from here:
3. Click on Description of the band set you would like to edit.
4. To duplicate a set, clink on the paper icon.
5. To remove a set, check the Remove box and click Delete.
Editing Performance Bands
1. Edit the Name the performance band (Label).
2. Edit the color of the band by clicking on the color square.
3. Edit the lowest value you want to assign to the band. Upon adding your value, the band will automatically add to the set in the correct spot with its higher band above/lower band below it based on the number you inputted.
4. Add Bands by editing a band at the bottom of the page. Give it a color, label, highest value, and click Add Band.
5. To delete bands select the trash can icon at the right under Delete.
6. Click Save.
Applying bands to specific portions of an assessment
You can apply performance bands to the whole assessment or just specific parts/standards. Underneath where you set the performance bands, find the Link section:
1. Use the check boxes next to main headings like Assessment, Standards, or Question Groups (if applicable) to check ALL boxes in that section.
2. Use individual check boxes to select only specified portions of the test that you want this band to apply to.
3. Click Apply.