Sections are managed only after master scheduling has been completed. Schedules are site-specific, so verify your Control Panel is set to the site level and not the district.
Examples of when you might Edit or Delete Live Sections:
Edit: A new teacher replaces the teacher who goes on an extended leave.
Delete/Merge: This occurs under very rare instances (usually prior to the start of the school year). Check with your Illuminate district admin before you perform this action.
The ability to create, edit, merge, and delete sections is permission controlled. In order to perform any of these tasks, you must have permissions enabled. Please contact your Illuminate system admin for assistance.
Proceed with caution! Any changes you make will take effect immediately. These changes will affect Gradebook and attendance data for students. Deleting and merging sections will remove all Gradebook and attendance data.
Where to Start
1. Click Scheduling.
2. Select Live Sections.
Once on the Section List:
1. Filter By Course- You can use these District, Course or Teacher filters to quickly find a course.
2. Show Inactive Sections - This defaults "No" but can be changed to "Yes" to let you see sections that have no teacher active in reference to the "As of" date
3. Show Counts - This defaults to "Yes" but can be changed to "No." When set to "Yes," this will show you the count of students rostered to the course(s) linked to the section. Note: If set to "Yes" and school is not in session, the Course column will show blank for the section because there are no active students yet.
4. As of - This date can be changed to show the active status and counts as of the date entered here
5. Submit - If you choose to filter using any of the options above, you will need to click "Submit" to update the results on the page.
6. Edit a section simply by clicking on the Pencil Icon.
7. Delete a section by clicking on the blue Trash Can icon.
Remember you are editing a LIVE section, changed will take effect immediately!
From this page you can edit the basic information, such as section name, courses, current teacher, room, house, language of instruction, etc.
Be sure to click Save after any changes you make.
At the top of the page you can navigate to Edit Teachers, Move Students, Merge Sections, Close Sections, or Edit Students.