This lesson guides those with the permission to set up the site/district for the upcoming year. This is for Data and Assessments clients only.
Add or Close Sites:
- Do you have any new sites coming on board this next year? Go to the Gear Icon > Site Management > Add Site.
- Are any sites closing this coming new year? Go to the Gear Icon > Site Management > Edit the Site and set the Site Type to CLOSED. Some users find it helpful to also add the word CLOSED at the end of the site name i.e. ABC High School (CLOSED) so that it will display as a reminder to users. If you no longer want to have the Site be any part of district wide reports set the "Has Students" option to No.
Navigation: Cog Wheel > Permissions > All Permissions > Select the Role and/or User > Select Load
System Admin must assign the following permissions to their role in order to complete the follow steps:
- View Daily Attendance Calendar
- Year to Year Rollover Tool
- Site Hierarchy
TIP: Use CTRL + F (For PC users) or CMD + F (For MAC users) on your computer to find these permissions easily!
The first part of rolling over to the new year is setting up your new school year calendar. You will need to manually setup your terms in the Term Manager.
Navigation: Cog Wheel > Term Manager > Select the upcoming Academic Year > Select the Session Type > Select Load >
1. Use the day adjustment tool and select GO!
2. Build and create terms individually and select GO!
TIP: If you receive the above error message or "Oops, Looks like something went wrong", skip to Step 3 and use the Year-to-Year Rollover tool. Then, come back to Step 2 to edit your terms.
Reference our Create/Edit/Delete Term Manager help document for more information.
3. Once your terms are set, click one of the Clean and Re-Align the Data options to set the Illuminate calendar.
4. Click the green Yes, I'm done. Please clean and re-align my data button to confirm.
Once your terms look good, use the Year-to-Year Rollover Tool to give non-teacher users affiliations to their sites. There is no need to roll over teacher accounts. This is done automatically through your data imports.
Navigation: Cog Wheel > Year-to-Year Rollover
1. In the Select Rollover from dropdown, select the previous academic year. Ex: 2017-2018.
2. In the Select Rollover to dropdown, select the upcoming academic year. Ex: 2018-2019 Normal.
3. Verify the term counts between the two academic years.
4. Use the checkboxes to select all the non-teacher roles you would like to roll over.
5. Click the blue Rollover button to confirm.
It may be a good idea NOT to overwrite the existing files on the SFTP server. Instead, backup the most recent “old” files and either save them locally or put them in a folder on the SFTP server. Whether you are using an extract tool or queries, the files that are being generated will need to be updated. Please make sure to modify your queries/extracts to pull data for the new school year.
Once the data has been verified and looks good, upload the data to the SFTP server.
Once the data is in place, enable the Automation Profile for the new year. Go to the Gear Icon > Core Data Automation Profiles > Edit
1. Select the Enable option.
2. Set the End Date to the last day of school year.
3. Confirm the Notification Address is a valid email.
4. Select Update.
Check back in the morning to review the Core Data Import Logs.
Navigation: Cog Wheel > Core Data Import Log >
Most importantly, review your Core Data Import Log and review your imports to see if they are working as expected:
- Did we mention you need to review your import logs?
- Seriously, it's really important that you monitor your import logs!
Contact our fabulous Support Staff via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What about the rollover with PowerSchool or Aeries Extract Tools?
Aeries Rollover Instructions
PowerSchool Rollover Instructions
Once you are ready to rollover to the current academic year, modify the following lines in this file:
DEFINE IE_YEAR_ID =
DEFINE IE_ACADEMIC_YEAR =
DEFINE IE_FIRST_DAY =
DEFINE IE_LAST_DAY =
Sample for 2018-2019
DEFINE IE_YEAR_ID = 28 *
DEFINE IE_ACADEMIC_YEAR = ‘2018-2019’
DEFINE IE_FIRST_DAY = ‘30-JUN-2018’
DEFINE IE_LAST_DAY = ‘30-JUN-2019’ **
* YEAR_ID refers to the Calendar year in Powerschool. (ie: 27 = 2017-2018, 28 = 2018-2019, etc)
Now that the data rollover process is under way, take a look at our Prepare for the Coming Next Year help lesson to get your upcoming year's Assessments and other information ready.